Proposed work

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
here we go after the first round of F.Y. 06 Spending my CFO is still feeling generous (we stopped and looked at an 97 stroker and the guy wanted 14,000 for it...yea right I could do a full body off resto for 14 thousand) With the shipments coming in daily (its like X-mas) the last of the parts will be in Monday. With preparations under way for a turbo install what are the thoughts on head gaskets? I have some records from the P.O. but I think the ones on there are original and I could clean up the oil leaks that are pestering me. Do you think I could pull the motor swap gaskets and have it back in over a weekend. or should I just let it run like it is?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I believe You can replace head gasckets with the engine in the truck so maybe that'll give you some extra time. Now r&r the gaskets with the engine off the truck can be done too but also some prefer to have then cheked first.

You can also call for a clinic at your home and in exchange for a meal some would go LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL Yea, EZ the truck monkey was last seen disappearing into the PAFixit truck, and needs a new job. LOL ;Sweet

Dustin, I would go ahead and put the turbo on and run it. If you had a 6.9, I'd say do the gaskets first.