Project Jerry

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It's odd because worn trac bar bushings or say a d60 swap and forgetting the tracbar almost always has death wobble.
I reckon a rsk helps that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's odd because worn trac bar bushings or say a d60 swap and forgetting the tracbar almost always has death wobble.
I reckon a rsk helps that.

I thought this too. I’m not sure how a RSK helps that. If you don’t locate the axle somehow, I see issues. The springs might be rigid enough to keep the axle in place but I doubt it. If the axle moves but the steering doesn’t...

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time will tell, these springs out of the f-superduty are very stiff but it will be interesting to see for sure

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If I'm seeing right, my 03 the shackles are flipped from what a obs runs. I do have a sway bar.
But I also saw kits to add a trac-bar/or sway bar to the F-SD. But since this is a d60/F-SD spring abortion, those may not work. Lol
So I guess my question would be, why the F-SD springs? Or was this axle from a 4X4 F-SD?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Axles, suspension and steering is 03 f250 4x4, the front springs were too long for the pugnose style frames 80-91 and won’t work without adding 4” to the front of the frame and destroying the front bumper line up, so I poked around our parts trucks and the f-superduty uses leafs for its solid front axle, since it is a bricknose everything bolted on from that, so I used the springs, shackles and mounts from that truck. Both the 03 and the f-superduty has a trac bar stock. Sorry this is so confusing, this truck has parts from 5 or 6 trucks we had sitting around

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brakes and steering is in, all beefy xrf steering everything is technically for a 2003 f250, but it bolts right in. Rancho steering stabilizer installed as well
You must be registered for see images attach

Drilled holes for the shock mounts

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front brake lines are in, need to get new caliper bolts.

F-superduty shock mounts are drilled out stripped and painted, picked up the hardware I need so those are ready to go in for final install

Picked up an old R&K toolbox to repaint and run on this truck, it sits below the bed rails and still leaves room for the spare tire mount.

Buffed the passenger side of the bed, the only real body damage on the truck and after some time we decided we are gonna go with a new bed and paint the truck.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats wrong with the bed?
It’s got a scrape down the side that would be more money to fix than what I can buy a whole parts truck for, sooo we’re heading to go look at another truck in the morning.

Truck is back apart in the meantime, got the correct rear calipers in yesterday

Glad y’all are enjoying the build so far ;Sweet

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish my bed looked that good.. that scrape isn't even an 1/8th the damage mine has....

Looking good keep the updates coming!!!!!!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha I figured someone who make a comment on that, the white paint makes it look a lot better than in person, and someone attacked some rock chips on the body with a rattle can, so if we’re painting anyways we figured we would start with a bed that needs no body work.

If someone wants this bed I’d be happy to bring it to the Texas IDI Meet this fall, it’s just sitting taking up space now.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of that oversize rear tank. As it is, my truck could theoretically cross a time zone without refueling. I put the stock spare tire carrier back in but...well, we all know how that's asking for trouble. I already have a reinforced front box wall, so mounting the tire in the bed wouldn't be an issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01