Project Big Red

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link but I was referring to fitting sizes.

I called inline tube sent them some pics. Let's see what happens.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@catbird7 do my lines look like yours?? I'm starting to wonder if I got extra screwed. I'm not sure these are stainless.

You must be registered for see images attach

Could you get a closeup of yours? These look like copper coated on the inside. I may get really pissed now...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh it sticks.... but some stainless alloys are magnetic. The stainless lines are 301. I don't know if it is a magnetic alloy or not but I am 99% sure that these are steel. They wouldn't copper line the inside of stainless and when I talked to a different guy over there last night he said the stainless lines are shiny. This is definitely not. I thought it was just mill finish stainless which is matte finished. I'm pissed at them but I'm pissed at myself for not catching that right off the bat. I remember looking at them and thinking, gee these don't look like stainless. Need to learn to trust my gut more. Still have trouble with that.

I'm supposed to get a call back today. We will see. They will either stand behind their stuff or they won't. If they won't, I'll run what I have and keep an eye on them. I'll make the rear lines and just get on with life. But you can be sure that I won't ever recommend them again to anyone or buy from them again if I can help it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm curious what you paid from inline tube?
I was seeing bronco graveyard is a vendor for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was $227 shipped for what should have been stainless line. [emoji35]

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are from inline tube. That's the spiel from their website. Add a couple bucks for extended cab length and then shipping was like almost $30 for ground. It's not a small box even with them folded. So yep pretty much the same. They sell through Amazon too but you can't get custom stuff without calling them.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check mine this weekend however I do not remember the fittings being a different color. Mine were shiny and after running through an entire year of deer hunting they appear unchanged, zero corrosion. I also remember checking mine with a magnet and they're not magnetic. Still have a copy of my invoice, total cost was $207.35 Listed as item # SGTB7301 description: 1973-05 Complete Truck Brake Line Set Stainless. price= $190.00 + $17.35 shipping = $207.35 Maybe they can reference my invoice number S64857 (sales rep Jake), to create a duplicate set for you???

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they refund your money, my suggestion is to purchase from Classic Tube. I purchased a set of stainless brake lines from them approximately 5 to 8 years ago for a 74 highboy and they were much better fit (in my opinion). Also think they were a bit more expensive??? No rust or corrosion on these lines either and I've had zero problems. Truck is used to haul firewood and rarely gets washed.........

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting to see what the deal will be. Talked to them again and the rep was going up the management chain to get a decision. I gave them @catbird7 's info and they couldn't look it up because apparently they have redone all of there systems and can't get to it easily. Basically, they tried to tell me that what they sent me as far as fittings was all they had for a 91 Ford. I called them on that because of catbird's experience. They don't need to know his was a 87. Shouldn't matter. Anyway, the lady said they would have to make up a new set out of stainless with the correct fittings. She acknowledges that the material was their fault. If it weren't for the time lapse I don't think there would be any issue. At this point, the question is what's it going to cost me. That will be the determining factor as to what I decide to do.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeez. but why would it cost you anything. they sent you not what you paid for-wrong material, and wrong fittings..

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked yet but there is probably a stipulation in the terms of sale that limit times returns. Like I said, I think the rep wants to do right by me, but she needs approval. Let's hope she gets it. I should have followed my gut when I got them and checked them out. I wasn't sure they were stainless then. Too many irons in the fire.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Sounds like another reason to go to the parts store and get a bunch of the NiCi lines. Stuff very easy to manipulate and it won't rust. Bought a length of it for the old lady's ranger and ended up not needing it. It's been laying in a spot where it gets wet everytime it rains and so far it looks brand new. Next line that pops or rusts on the trucks with get replaced with it and the real test will begin.