Project Big Red

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
The dump switch goes in that metal retainer with the fingers that your hose is sitting in. The outside of the switch itself is ribbed and can be moved. When it's installed, with the pedal in its normal position, pull the switch down until it's all the up against the plastic piece on the pedal. It has to have constant pressure for the cruise to work. When the pedal is pressed, it swings away and opens the valve. I can get you a pic of it all assembled if you need it.

Is the pin on the switch not contacting that plastic wedge?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. So you're saying I'm missing a piece? This plastic do-dad won't let the pedal travel all the way back. I'm wondering if the f-superdutys ever had cruise. :dunno

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Sure will. I'll snap a pic tomorrow once I get the Enterprise into the grand parents garage/barn. Have to put x-mas decorations in it first in the single digit weather.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Here is one installed. This one is from Bruiser worry the pedal in its normal position. You can barely make out the tip of the pin on the bottom of it that rests on that plastic wedge.

Cruise control dump valve, brake pedal.
You must be registered for see images attach

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have missed it but what bedliner and how did you apply it? Looks sprayed on ya?
I probably applied mien when it was a bit too cold, but man the factory spray on liners I was looking at in the ford demo booth at detoit auto show look like yours, and they feel very hard, durable and nice! With the paint/roll on I am not really liking the look of my herculiner. It was cheap though...
I need to sand back a few areas where I didnt have good adhesion, prime, paint, then line it again.

keep up the good work brother

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was raptor liner sprayed on. 1 coat texture. 2 coats out of the hvlp gun.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is one installed. This one is from Bruiser worry the pedal in its normal position. You can barely make out the tip of the pin on the bottom of it that rests on that plastic wedge.

Cruise control dump valve, brake pedal.

Broken...

That part is broken

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought so too but I'm not sure if it's broken or that's just how it wraps around the pedal. I'll have to look.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
No, it does looked cracked. I wouldn't know since the cruise control won't work if the ABS isn't working as well. I've had a ghost problem with Bruiser's ABS for a few years. Broken, yes, but that's the valve.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are a funny man.

For calibration, that is a 10' garage door and a three rail spit rail fence in the back. The parts truck is sitting on 235 85 16's.

Maybe tomorrow if I get dug out. I'm just thrilled I got the two newer cars in the garage.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are a funny man.

For calibration, that is a 10' garage door and a three rail spit rail fence in the back. The parts truck is sitting on 235 85 16's.

Maybe tomorrow if I get dug out. I'm just thrilled I got the two newer cars in the garage.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought so too but I'm not sure if it's broken or that's just how it wraps around the pedal. I'll have to look.

Guessing I wasnt clear

Its broken that whitish platic piece...is Beee Rrrr Oh Kay Eee En as in broken :rotflmao

Not the valve the funky part on pedl...it really looks broken...like when I forced mine on and it went CRACK a d became nfg:rotflmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online