Project Big Blue

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
They are also supposed to help extinguish a engine fire. But after 20+ years of grease/oil buildup, I don't see that happening.
The way a lot of the factory insulation hangs down onto the engine, maybe it smothers the fire?:joker:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bead rolled the tube ends, tig welded the joints and pressure tested the tubing. Getting it all installed tonight to test fit it after welding, then taking it back for jig building tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the factory insulation would be pretty flammable with it being soaked in diesel and oil, by design it’s supposed to melt the tabs and drop onto the engine, it would likely just add to the fire imo.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And installed. Everything fits perfectly after welding so it’s ready to come apart one last time for building the jigs tomorrow, then I’ll be doing the final install and getting it ready for the first test drive.

94bluebeast

Reaction score
Gettin’ near the finish line and looking great. Looking forward to getting out there shortly to pick up and see everything you’ve done in person.

Also can’t wait to see the difference on the dyno.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cozinsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this same turbo and intercooler setup on order right now so I'm very curious to see the dyno results as well.