Project: '94 CC F350 Service Pickup

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cam will bleed off some compression. Which will allow you to run higher boost.

Is that why you want lower compression?

Yes, thats what I'm thinking. I know that the R&D cam is supposed to bleed off some compression. I thought a slight drop in my compression ratio might also be beneficial. I need to do some math after the machine work is done to determine what my options might be. I'm watching the AK3 turbo developments currently and have talked to Mel about his proposed turbo upgrade. I'm planning to go one of these directions. I won't be cheaping out on the turbo. I'm willing to pay to have the best option out there for me.

The Mahle pistons with the black anadoised coating will not accept a ceramic coating on top of them.. That anadoised finish must be machined and snad blasted off before ceramic coating. I only know of a 10 under piston for lowering the compression. I did not know Mahle had a 20 under too.

One builder told me he could get .020 under MAHLE pistons also. I'm not familiar with what anodized coating is. If its a heat shield coating similar to a ceramic coating then maybe I don't need to change it.

I'm not trying to build a race engine, but one that performs very impressively and gets the job done for years to come with durability and longevity being key.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i would look into something other than MBRP for the exhaust unless you are gonna pay BIG buck for the 304 polished stainless steel. i have one of their tips, it is 6 months old and it is already rusting. working on the warranty right now. i have also heard that they are one of the worst fitting systems for obs trucks.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only bought the mid pipe and the tail pipe. I was able to get a good discount at the time. I chose MBRP because it's the only system that expands to 4"before the bottom of the down pipe where the exhaust bends back to run the length of the frame. I thought this would be the best flowing system I could build. This way the 3" down pipe will be practically a straight shot from the turbine outlet to the 3-4" expansion point. It's probably not that significant, but I liked that option the best. In my experience MBRP is a very nice fitting system. I can't remember that I've installed one on an OBS though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not the best picture, but none of the other exhaust systems I've seen are like this. All the others make the sharp bent back 3" before the expansion to 4". Like this one from Diamond Eye. Others are similar.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Piston carnage. Could have been much worse.

My home made oil cooler tester.

I think the o-rings were the culprit, but I'll replace the cooler anyway. Were the factory o-rings black? I thought the Motorcraft/International ones were all green.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:
The block is sleeved and ready for assembly. .010" under MAHLE pistons w/ anodized top are in. Builder's going to balance and blueprint. My cam is sent off to R&D for regrind, and it will return with a stud kit. He's going to see if he can do a 5 angle valve grind and Comp 910 valve springs are ordered. I was talking to him about ceramic coating the pistons and he thinks it would just be overkill. So, currently the plan is to run the pistons as are.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firewall FatMatted. Having trouble with the site. I can't load pictures.

I have the long block back finally and am finishing up the assembly before I install it back in its rightful place. Long block: R&D stage 1 cam, Comp Cam 910 valve springs, comp lowered slightly to 21:1. Ordered MMMII injectors from Conestoga Diesel.

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 261

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Have you decided what to do for an IP? I think 90cc should be your minimum on a such a nice build. That gives you the option of a Bull Moose or a RD2 90cc.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's moving right along. I'm interested to see how you come out on power. Your build is right in line with what I would want to do.

You putting in an Intercooler? If you already covered that I apologize for asking again.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't got to the intercooler yet. I was hoping the R&D A3K turbo kit would be ready by now. I've been holding out for that, but I think I'm going to have to put it together with the stock turbo for now. So I figure there's no need for more fuel yet and for now I'll run my stock pump turned up until I install some more turbo. I'm kind of bummed out that the A3K isn't ready yet, but I'll have to just wait until my desired parts are available. Fuel and turbo upgrades are still in the plan, but I think they are going go have to wait for now.

When I try to insert pictures they just come up as the little blue ? I've loaded pictures the same way before with no troubles. If someone knows what's wrong I'm open to suggestions. I want to post pictures for you guys but I can't figure it out.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me try pictures again.

Firewall FatMatted

Engine is about ready to go back in with Moose Mister Mark II nozzles installed. That's the only fuel system upgrade for now.

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only bought the mid pipe and the tail pipe. I was able to get a good discount at the time. I chose MBRP because it's the only system that expands to 4"before the bottom of the down pipe where the exhaust bends back to run the length of the frame. I thought this would be the best flowing system I could build. This way the 3" down pipe will be practically a straight shot from the turbine outlet to the 3-4" expansion point. It's probably not that significant, but I liked that option the best. In my experience MBRP is a very nice fitting system. I can't remember that I've installed one on an OBS though

I would like to know more about the pipes you are using and where you got them. I have a Hypermax Turbo and need new pipes. Hypermax has them for sale, but if something else is available that is better or cheaper, I would be interested in knowing about them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online