PowerStroke lifters

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone run anything else besides stock lifters on your idit?

Found some power stroke lifters with guides for my application or just get some motor craft turbo lifters for my setup .

I broke a lifter and I’m tearing the motor down to the intake manifold to get to them. I believe they are stock off my 91.

Also if someone could tag a link for the IP removal and install I would appreciate it, going to you that search button for that one

Attachments

• EF59EA02-3390-407A-8784-CDB899D04986.jpeg
    EF59EA02-3390-407A-8784-CDB899D04986.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 14

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
I am running 6.0 powerstroke lifters as we speak in my n a 7.3. They are all the same in 6.9 all the way to 6.0. I have been told the same part number also is for the 6.4 but I am unsure it is a fact. But I do know that the 6.9 7.3 n a 7.3 idit 7.3 ps and 6.0 ps all use the same lifters

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I am running 6.0 powerstroke lifters as we speak in my n a 7.3. They are all the same in 6.9 all the way to 6.0. I have been told the same part number also is for the 6.4 but I am unsure it is a fact. But I do know that the 6.9 7.3 n a 7.3 idit 7.3 ps and 6.0 ps all use the same lifters
Not to mention the GM 6.2/6.5 engines use them (I'm not sure about the 5.7/4.3 diesels). There's also a big block Olds that uses the same lifters.

Lumberjackchuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how people feel about them, but I ordered a set of Johnson Hylift (US made) lifters here for my rebuild. Just the normal set, not the expensive slow leak down ones

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how people feel about them, but I ordered a set of Johnson Hylift (US made) lifters here for my rebuild. Just the normal set, not the expensive slow leak down ones

I'm pretty curious. I've been considering replacing mine with my new cam and they're a bargain for the price being USA made if they're actually good quality. Let us know what you think of them compared to the stock ones when you get them please.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To confirm what others said, here is another thread on the subject.

Rocker Arm removal instillation

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/7-3-idi-rocker-arms-removal-and-instillation.75119/

Injection Pump R&R plus other info.

Goat

Lumberjackchuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty curious. I've been considering replacing mine with my new cam and they're a bargain for the price being USA made if they're actually good quality. Let us know what you think of them compared to the stock ones when you get them please.

Yeah I’ll definitely report back when I get them. I’m actually getting my block and heads back from the machine shop on Monday so I was prob gonna do a build thread on my truck.

But I think they’re worth it if they’re quality and US made like they advertise. Otherwise I was going to disassemble and thoroughly clean all the original lifters which would take a lot of time. Time is something I don’t have much of, especially this time of year I’m working every day. So I’ll be burning the midnight oil to put this motor back together