Power steering one way?

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
My sister has an A1 reman in her 1990 F-250 that's doing fine, replaced due to same problem as OP. It was purchased from O'reilly's who is beginning to shy away from A1 parts though. They are switching over to Master Pro's steering products. Unfortunately Master Pro has already left a bad taste in my mouth. The MP axle seals I put on the 86 were leaking in less than 10k miles. I helped a guy rebuild the front end of an 82 F-150 with MP parts and the pivot bushings were misboxed(2wd instead of 4wd) and tie rod adjuster sleeve was cut wrong and trashed the threads on the new tie rod end. I now try at all costs to avoid using MP parts.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rebuilt the one in my F150 when the bottom seal started leaking. The rebuild kit was like $30 I think and included all the seals. It's not hard to do, just make sure you don't loose your balls when you open it up.

seals wont fix this problem. the metering spool is broken.

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if crossover steering would help with that problem.

All of the OBS 4x4 trucks got lame steering linkages. The D44 and D50 might be easier to steer, but they have bump steer...

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red Head Boxes are $265 plus $100 core charge and two way shipping cost. Check out the website. It seems like they rebuild to a better standard.