Power steering issues

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I am in the middle of a hydroboost conversion - I am replacing the pump as it is shot. Upon closer inspection, I realized I had a hillbilly fix... The PO fanagled a GM pump cookoo into the mix... Amazing really, held by one bolt - the belt tension kept the whole works braced against the front bracket that the PS pump bracket would bolt into... I feel a bit silly for not making a closer inspection earlier - but now I can make it right...

Only problem, I am uncertain if the OEM bracket was used on the GM pump somehow... I can't seem to find a conclusive reference either, and it is questionable if the bracket I have is indeed OEM... So short of buying a third repair manual, I was hoping someone here had a clear image of the bracket...

And does anyone have the diameter of the PS pulley? That would be my next uncertainty in the conversion...

Thanks to everyone for their input...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Are you running a V belt or the serpentine belt system. The V belt pump bracket is aluminum if that helps any. I will look at mine when you tell me which belt system you have. I have both of them as spares.:sly

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
V-belt, single pulley (had AC at one time)

I'm not quite sure how to determine if the bracket I have is Aluminum.

Thanks for your help :hail

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Boredom set in so I dug out my spares..:sly The Vbelt pulley is 5 7/8 inch across. The part number on it is D8TC-AA... The serpentine belt pulley is 5 3/4 inch and the part number is F3TA-3D673-BA...The bracket has nothing on it ...

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boredom set in so I dug out my spares..:sly The Vbelt pulley is 5 7/8 inch across. The part number on it is D8TC-AA... The serpentine belt pulley is 5 3/4 inch and the part number is F3TA-3D673-BA...The bracket has nothing on it ...

Sweet, I appreciate it!

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm here to help..... I'm so lonely.....:cry::sly

That's ok - I'm married too LOL

Does anyone happen to have a photo of their engine bay in their gallery? One with a good view of the PS Pump? I checked the pulley number, while it is a ford part - it is not the correct one :mad:

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or maybe a Toyota MR2 electric PS Pump? Yes, I know - that is a sin for many Ford guys... But I'd have a perfect spot or an extra 3G this way....

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
That's ok - I'm married too LOL

Does anyone happen to have a photo of their engine bay in their gallery? One with a good view of the PS Pump? I checked the pulley number, while it is a ford part - it is not the correct one :mad:

went outside and took 2 of it for you, mounted on lower drivers side of the engine

gotta replace it next week on payday, it's annoying going through a reservoir full every 6 miles or so from the crack underneath.....

Attachments

• ps pump 001.jpg
    ps pump 001.jpg
    894.1 KB · Views: 11
  • ps pump 002.jpg
    ps pump 002.jpg
    920.9 KB · Views: 9

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went outside and took 2 of it for you, mounted on lower drivers side of the engine

gotta replace it next week on payday, it's annoying going through a reservoir full every 6 miles or so from the crack underneath.....

I really need to give you my thanks for taking the time to help me, I really love this forum because of all the help you all provide.

And, I don't have the right mount :dunno... I may have to fab something up or go electric...

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
why not go snag one from a PnP? or ask someone on here who has a parts motor to help you out

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only been able to locate ONE idi in the yards - and it is little more than heads and a block now... They tend to crush everything up here before they rust out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online