Pics of IDIs still working?

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
I dont know which is worse. The salt back east and down south or the freaking boulders they put on the roads here that result in broken windshields like they are going out of style.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd rather the sand and quarry wash any day before this saline crap they waste our money on spraying on the roads around here before they pile on the salt that does nothing for traction, unless of course you have chains on - which are illegal here.

I swear to GOD, we are going backwards.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Nice plow on the idi. I looked at getting one for one of my F250s but with the amount of snow we get it wont do much good. With the county about 3 weeks behind on plowing the county road of snow when it gets bad. Thankfully we can have chains here and it can help when plowing but I decided to not spent the $800 plus for a decent plow and mount kit for my trucks and went ahead and bought the plow to add to my 6x6. With my new 14.00x20s on double beadlock combat rims aired down to round 15psi and chained up all the way around I should be able to go anywhere with the plow. (picked up the whole plow, mounting system for $250. Just gotta devise a way to get weight on the back so I am looking into 3/8 steel plate made into a box and pour a concrete slab into it. I did find a nice idi setup in place of my multifuel

http://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/2639669416.html

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    806.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    920.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    740.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    916.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ford 6.9

Reaction score
That is a crap load of wood man. were your truck squatted all the way down??? and looks like you need to stop and fill up in your vid lol

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
That is a crap load of wood man. were your truck squatted all the way down??? and looks like you need to stop and fill up in your vid lol

Nah, my front tank quits registering when it gets below 8 gallons left. She was squatting down pretty good. but not all the way. It was alot of tounge weight than its used to. I have to unload it at this persons house in town on a fairly wide street but there will be a good bit of traffic on the way over so I moved it over onto my military 6x6 and it pulls it like its not even back there. Just it doesnt have the hard top on it yet and its only gonna be 45 or so tomorrow. GAH!

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
I did have some issues when a semi blew past me in the opposite direction doing like 75 it kinda wanted to push it around. Here is a video of my 6x6 towing my JD120 excavator (29,560lbs) with the 8,000lb trailer. The trailer didnt like it but with it only being a few miles didnt want to have to switch the king pin hitch out and lowboy hookup.

Running 30 in the video in 3rd/4th. There is a huge gap on the tranny for those gears. and YES the engine is that loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJSXyW0EnQ0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7