Picked up a new power mod

Bikerat450

Reaction score
so what did you boys turn on the rollers....

They didn't turn anything but their tails like all IDI's do when it comes to a dyno event.Best part,it was for fun and the guys who run it even have the last couple of shows made a special class for you guys and yet you are still afraid of the Big Bad Goat Owners and us fellow Powerstroke owners.Its not about power in the spring,its about having the testicular fortitude to show all in attendence that no matter what you have,you at least tried.

1) - I don't need a computer to tell me what I already know.

So tell us all oh wise one,what do you know other than your afraid of a dyno?.Because other than that,you have nothing to back up any claims of power with any of your rides.

2) - Some guy I don't know in a greasy cover all isn't going to sit in my truck and run the RPM's up higher than I ever did.

Yo Dude...
Are You SURE you was at the same event I was at?.I mean,I did have a few too many corn flakes in a can and was a bit tipsy but I do not remember any "greasy coverall wearing guy" getting into any trucks.I was outside the bay on the hill all day relaxing and watching the trucks and ladies and I am certain the dyno operator was clean and not covered in grease.Now the dudes strapping and unstrapping,thats a different story,especially after the pulling truck went on Sunday and made the whole place dissappear along with Rte 15.BTW,when they have dynoed my ride when I bring it and not have adult beverages,the dyno operator drives and I sit my big fat rear in the right seat and he runs it where I want it and not a rpm further.Maybe if you paid attention to what goes on and rid yourself of the fear of the dyno.

And so we answer the other dudes question,they dyno or run all the trucks because they know how it should be done plus it helps us all get through faster.The goat owners who run the shindig have it down and can run alot of trucks through in a day so all who come get what they want,a shot at the jet.If we all did our own drivin,imagine how screwed up it would be since we do not know what or how to run them on their jet.

3) - I'd rather spend $50 on stickers.

Thats because you are in fear of any dyno as it would show you what your precious Bullwinkle Moose truck doesn't do,make power.You bust on the Goat owners who run the show,break the stones of the shop owners and the one that really gets under my fingers is busting on a fellow Ford owner because he runs a Powerstroke.Your right,spend that 50 clams on silly stickers dude,this way it keeps your Bullwinkle truck and your pavement princesses from hogging the dyno time for the guys who want to dyno...........Thump

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Bikerat,

whoa dude chill man... Having known Mel for a few years he is not all about power like some. Mel drives a first year diesel that he bought new and has taken The Moose Truck from daily driver to built up show truck - he is about restoring and not chasing after power. There are different ways of showing enthusiasm for autos - there are the segment that like to build them up with more power than the engineers every thought of then those that like to mod them with creature comforts, then there are ones that like to restore them to factory specs. Me I fall into the power one, Mel is one that likes creature comforts. Hell his truck carries fresh drinking water on board for when you're out doing your thing and would like to have a drink to wett yer whisle...

You need to understand that there are other ways of enjoying autos, it's not about being scared of the dyno - I know and I believe a lot of other folks here know that what he meant by "I don't need a computer to tell me what I already know" is I have enough power to move my truck down the road and it's enough for me to pull my boat for a lot of years to the lake for the family and I to enjoy. Isn't that what we all really NEED - because trust me I have pulled our toys to the lake/campground to many fine memories with the family that I didn't need all the power to get there and it's not the power that I remember it's something that happened that made us all laugh - especailly the kids - that is what I keep tucked away in my memory banks.

Man dude chill....

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
WOW, cool down man we are all here to have a good time and exchange teck and stories

We like to poke fun at each other here and it is in good fun, not meant to be harmful at all. It’s just like guys sitting back at your local pub.

I have met Mel and seen his moostang on multiple occasions and respect his truck. It is something he put together well and is right to be proud of it but he and us IDI guys all know a NA IDI is not going to compete with a PSD. Before you go trashing Mel or others you might want to get to know them, Mel has personally helped me out with my truck when he didn’t know me and there are plenty of others here who would do the same.

Putting us down and reaming use is not going to attract more of use out.

relax and enjoy some laid back talk here....

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
if you look around you will see that we dont drive these trucks for the power. we like these trucks because there reliable, easy to work on, cheap to fix, and mostly because we just like them. we know that they are not as powerful as the powerstrokes and cummins but they get the job done.

tractorman86

Reaction score
MAN what is up with the mindless bashing Bikerat?!?!?!:backoff just relax we are just a fun lovin crowd trying to get along if you dont like our conversations dont pay any attention! although our trucks mingt not make quite as much power as the powerstrokes the have stood the test of time can you say that for your trucks yet, i didnt think so. also i dont know mel personally but he seems like a hell of a guy so just chill man!

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
MAN what is up with the mindless bashing Bikerat?!?!?!:backoff just relax we are just a fun lovin crowd trying to get along if you dont like our conversations dont pay any attention! although our trucks mingt not make quite as much power as the powerstrokes the have stood the test of time can you say that for your trucks yet, i didnt think so. also i dont know mel personally but he seems like a hell of a guy so just chill man!

Got 250 k on my 96, would say its holding up good.
put more miles on it in a week than some idi guys do in a year.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fear of a dyno:rotflmao :rotflmao Oh please...I've dynoed big rigs before...You pay the fees and fuel and I'll bring everything I own up there including my garden tractor and rototiller. Waste of money to me.

I don't need to put the IDI or the PSD on a dyno to tell me what I already know....They both have the power I need to get the job done and $70 is a tank full of fuel that is better spent getting me further down the road.

Of course if I want to know the HP & TQ numbers that bad I just read them off of the "STICKER" on my valve cover to feed the craving.:D

I for one would rather see Ford, GM and Dodge quit playing king of the hill and concentrate on fuel economy, reliability and longevity.

Last edited:

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
I think my sticker is wrong:dunno

Im curious as to how many 6o's reach 2-300k without problems
hell many of them require headgaskets every 50 k and a turbo every 35k.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Who is this loser?Speak for yourself.I drive these trucks cause the power.....and Mommy and Daddy didn't buy me a brand new Powerstroke(Like I bet schwinnmouse boy here).Plus,where is the thrill and pride of driving to a shop and have them install the parts or plugging up a hand held computer.You my,kiddo,Have no Class,Pride,or respect.

tractorman86

Reaction score
Got 250 k on my 96, would say its holding up good.
put more miles on it in a week than some idi guys do in a year.

not nocking ya man i am just saying that once the powerstrokes have been around for 20 someodd years and still arent uncommon then we'll have some real knowledge. also it depends on how badly they are abused and deglected like most idi's are.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
could anybody tell me where to plug the power programmer in on my truck????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle