"performance grind" camshaft from 92diesel on ebay

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
I think I lucked out and he did have a real deal typ4 camshaft. I'm still gonna get measurements but it does have 206 etched into the end of it.

And yes, I bought from him before I found out his background. But if it is a legit typ4 cam I'd call 100 + shipping and no core a good deal.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes... Thats agreat deal for a cam such as you have. Just call Delta and talk with them about the numbers... then post back here what you find out..... As for buying from this seller.... Its not for me... The "fella" cussed me out every time I asked a question. He spoke terrible things about several members here. Refered Mel was my "boyfriend" that was working with him in the moose pump dealings. He even had the nerve to give me his cell number and begged me to call him so he could cuss me out "in person".... If I didn't call him I was a ***** like all the other members on THAT FORD SITE.... No... I wont buy from this guy... I don't want him knowing where I live... Be careful what you say about him here... He lurks under the name.... JSNAP.... Nuff said bout that....

DragRag

Reaction score
If someone ****** you on the forum, and you mailed payment via usps then you can VERY easily file a mail fraud charge with the postmaster. When they contact your seller and they inform him that he will be a felon in no time they usually snap to attention. Use the USPS to your advantage, it doesn't matter what form of payment, and long as it went through the mail. Now go get them tiger.

DragRag

Reaction score
In the past I have been able to get things manufactured through suppliers. I am good at tempting them with cash, and promises. My last venture was for 70/71 Torino dash pads. No one had made them for years and years. I got a dash pad company to take on the project, and sold about 10 for him. I know a guy that may be able to get an idi cam made that is not a regrind, hence having more lift/duration then what a regrind cam can possibly offer. If, and only if I had at least 10-15 buyers I would give him a try. He is an engineer, and engine builder. I have spent a significant amount with him in the past, so he knows I would be a serious about the project if I approached him. i can not promise anything, but it is a possibility. If there is any interest in that chime in.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'll take two please.... But really... the price is going to be an inportant issue here.... I knoe the member from Vegas has a grinder about 7 miles from me that was going to do a one off new cam and grind for $1800.00....:eek::angel::D Just a bit out of the everyday range for us... But at least someone was ready to take a swing at it.... Years ago the factory cam was around $800.00 at international... I went in and asked for one.... Left without one too...:eek: Nappa offered me the same cam for around $480.00.... Go figure.... I bought two cams with the lift pump excentric and thrust setup on it for $99.00 and free shipping on the first one... This same seller still sells them on ebay and he is in Texas... Hell... You can't buy the cam gear for $99.00 let alone the whole thing setup ready to stick in the engine.... Remember guys... spare parts are good parts..... I think I need some spare wives too..... wonder where I would put them thought... Hmmm.... Garage girls... Nope..... Got to feed them just like prisoners.... I always said.. Take no prisoners because ya gotta feed em.... Damn geneva convention.....:angel:

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
I'll search on the box for those other numbers you said he mentioned and give delta a call today (don't know if they're open sunday, guess we'll see). Was the 206 roughly etched into the end of the cam? Mine is, and I guess it is possible he just found out russ puts those numbers there and he put them there himself.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it has the 206 on it it is the torque cam.

One of the issues with a new performance cam is that these engines dont have room for a lot more lift, so in changing the duration you get better cyl filling and hence more torque and power.
So economically a regrind makes sense. And my pushrod/rocker geometry was fine , there is enough internal lifter travel to work with this cam.
There has been one issue with a member on here but after he installed new lifters it was fine, we think the engine had the wrong ones in from the reman.

And the cam is legit, If you want the story 93 444 pm me.

Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
How the hell did that jsnap get a hold of a torquer cam?!

I know I would LOVE to have one for the turbo build, with all the talk lately of how Typ4's truck runs, I am drooling and anticipating wood as parts start arriving through the mail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online