pdp filter head

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now, I don't have one, but the only problem that I could point at is the price. I mean, come on, it's just a chunk of aluminum!

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s true but it looks sharp and appears to be the best solution for a filter head yet

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now, I don't have one, but the only problem that I could point at is the price. I mean, come on, it's just a chunk of aluminum!
It would cost me a few hundred dollars in labor to make one of those at the fabrication and machine shop I work at, plus have you seen aluminum prices these days? It’s almost at cost for aluminum! I’d say it’s a great price from my perspective of making things everyday.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon

Well you can buy a big$$$$ one or make one or..... maybe shop for one at Mid-Nite Auto Supply......or you can pay $20-$22-$24 for one like I got & mounted (& it's made out'a aluminum too)
I got tired of the hi $$$$ for the factory FFilters so I discarded my factory filter set-up & run this with a FS1000 filter-fuel/separator. I had to mt it higher up for the FS1000, but can run about 75 different filters from a FF105 to a FS 1000, FS1212, FS1214, etc, etc.....always carry filter with me but can ALWAYS FIND & BUY A FILTER ANYWHERE to fit this filterhead!!!
I also have my filter lite sensor & the Schrader valve still there also.

Just a thought....

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well you can buy a big$$$$ one or make one or..... maybe shop for one at Mid-Nite Auto Supply......or you can pay $20-$22-$24 for one like I got & mounted (& it's made out'a aluminum too)
I got tired of the hi $$$$ for the factory FFilters so I discarded my factory filter set-up & run this with a FS1000 filter-fuel/separator. I had to mt it higher up for the FS1000, but can run about 75 different filters from a FF105 to a FS 1000, FS1212, FS1214, etc, etc.....always carry filter with me but can ALWAYS FIND & BUY A FILTER ANYWHERE to fit this filterhead!!!
I also have my filter lite sensor & the Schrader valve still there also.

Just a thought....
NOW THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!! That's the price I'm looking for. It's calibrated, it's aluminum, it's functional, aannnnnd..,..it's within my price range! Please understand, I'm not cheap, it's just so hard to come by money that I have a hard time just getting rid of it.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the filter you should be using, it is absolute 2 micron. This is a big filter, not a water trap, one can be installed up stream where the original water trap was from the factory.

The guys on one of the Mercedes Forums came up with this one probably 10 years back.

Goat

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I have one of those mounted down on my frame right after the tank selector valve, along with my FS at the engine, works great.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
NOW THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!! That's the price I'm looking for. It's calibrated, it's aluminum, it's functional, aannnnnd..,..it's within my price range! Please understand, I'm not cheap, it's just so hard to come by money that I have a hard time just getting rid of it.
Jesus Freak you are a natural born sales person! That is the best put way of describing why one is not actually cheap I have ever heard.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Financially, I actually live below the "poverty line". I grow most all of my family's food (meat and veggies), I've figured out how to drive a cool old truck with minimal financial input(WMO). Some people spend all their time trying to get $$$, but not me. I read the book of Ecclesiastes (it's in the bible), and I figured out what's more important. Fear God, and keep his commandments.
Jesus Freak you are a natural born sales person! That is the best put way of describing why one is not actually cheap I have ever heard.
And HEY! I really take that as a compliment, thanks Big Bart!

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Financially, I actually live below the "poverty line". I grow most all of my family's food (meat and veggies), I've figured out how to drive a cool old truck with minimal financial input(WMO). Some people spend all their time trying to get $$$, but not me. I read the book of Ecclesiastes (it's in the bible), and I figured out what's more important. Fear God, and keep his commandments.

And HEY! I really take that as a compliment, thanks Big Bart!
Know it was a compliment. I do understand your priorities and your situation, no judgment here.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pdp filter head is basically a 6.9 filter head with 7.3 filter threads so its set up like a 6.9 so you have to get a 6.9 return kit