part it out or sell it whole?

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
im none too happy about it but it's gotten to that point that i have to let my idi go. trying to get a good idea which would bring more money.
its not something i'll be doing soon, i need to secure alternate transportation first, but the thought had crossed my mind that selling off parts to folks here vs. trying to sell it whole might be the better way to go. i do not want to trade her in just so she can wind up in a junkyard going to waste. i'd rather her parts go to other trucks than that.

any guidance?

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
89 f350 cc srw c6. the ip,lines,& injectors were all replaced about 3k miles ago along with radiator, added a holley red. fan clutch died a month back, along with the AC. the body is rusty as hell, the c6 also started acting funny even after tweaking the vrv its hard going in 2nd.:dunno
not sure why it started but after moving to FL from AR it died on me twice while driving. like it ran out of fuel, but after tearing into everything from the tank to the ip it was fine.?. maybe the tank switcher? i don't know.:dunno
but i'm a student now and can't put anymore money in it and i don't want to drive her till she is completely dead.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
It might would bring more money parting it out but it's all up to. Just get a pad of paper and start figuring up what everything is worth and see what it adds up to be. If it's more than u think you'd be able to sell it whole for. And it might be easier to sell as a whole

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
i'm crunching numbers right now trying to get a sense of what things like bumpers and fuel tanks, and rear ends would go for.

should have mentioned 2wheel drive 7.3, just short of 200k miles. not sure of what else to mention.

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
melbourne fl. just started at FIT. anyone in the area is welcome to come check it out.

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much would you want for that new injection pump?