one step closer to happy!!

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i did the 3" down pipe, put a new radiator in, and new fan clutch... the truck hauls a load much better i feel!!! under a load i can actually hear the turbo working.. nothing major but its at least hearable now.. gotta finish off the exhaust soon.. ran straight down pipe and its really not too bad... starting to think a new clutch and some gears in the axles and i'd be set now!!

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet... glad to hear that and the fact you didn't go the expensive cummins route like a few here has. cookoo :D Now's the time to hit up Gary and get a timing meter and get the timing right.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i gotta recoup a little funds 1st.. D/p , radiator, and clutch fan ran me about $600 or so.. thats enough this month!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I do understand eating first.. Then timing our engines. What I now recommend guys that use my meters to time the engine to 3 different timing degrees. Make the center punch marks in the pump to housing joint so you can see the movement. Now with that same pump on the engine you can adjust the timing without a meter because you know what each mark means for timing. Just make the marks where you can see them easy. you can even remove the pump and reinstall the SAME pump and the timing will match the marks. This wont work if you change the pumps. All injection pumps when rebuilt have a different timing spec. thats why we need to time our engines when we change the injectors or the injection pumps.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks icanfixall, i am definately gonna get with you to take my hand at timing this thing... i still have not had time to install the pyro yet.. install pyro, time pump and see where it runs best.. then clutch, i know my clutch is taking a poop on me!! then get all the slop out of the steering, then some gears.. hell it should feel like a new truck!

capslock

Reaction score
sorry for the hijack - I've been on the lookout for a write-up about timing the injection pump since I pulled and re-installed my lines today, want to be sure that I didn't throw anything off.. If anyone can link me, muchas gracias!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
capslock. I rent the kent moore j33300-a meters with the microprocessor in them that does all the work for you. All you do is clean 2 places on the engine. Install 2 probes. Press one rocker switch and start the engine. Rev to 2000 rpm watching the digital display for degrees of timing and rpm. Its that simple. I send the 2 needed tools to adjust the timing too plus.. I give you my cell number in case you have questions during the timing. You can pm me for more info if needed.