Old Blue: 4th life

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
It looks like you may have hit something nearly as bad as a wall.

Yep

Your progress is looking good, how many hours do ya have in it so far?

numerous, I put in an 8 hour day on it yesterday after getting out of class at noon

I just ask about that same rad in another thread, I sure hope I get a little feedback since I need one in the truck by a week from fri.

I hope to start it this weekend and drive around behind my house a bit, but I'm gonna have 4 efans so it might not be an accurate depiction... but I can turn em off...

BTW.....The hood is looking nice.

Thanks, I'm sick of bondo, got a buddy thats gonna come by today and give me a hand with body work while I hopefully focus on other things.

on a side note, you shoulda just thrown a 4x4 frame under it. lol

W/O a running vehicle to get parts that woulda been a nightmare(yep it was considered), It'll happen in hopefully less than a year.

The rods were 3/32 7018, they splattered because I had the machine turned up too high because it would not hold an arc otherwise; yep I'm serious, piece of **** ******* box, but it did get the job done just took every bit of twice as long.

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
naughty naughty there is no jack stand under that truck just the jack, lol my boss and my dad gets on to me about that stuff , but i never use jack stands for safety when i have a good jack handy

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Getting closer and closer. That's what I like to see....... someone who will put the effort into getting one of these old Ford IDI's back on the road. I love a good project myself.... Keep us posted on the progress.;Sweet

Heath

thanks

I got a surprise coming in the mail today, should arrive late in the afternoon; something all of yall have been wanting to see put on one of these rigs, something thats gonna make SPEEEED.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
naughty naughty there is no jack stand under that truck just the jack, lol my boss and my dad gets on to me about that stuff , but i never use jack stands for safety when i have a good jack handy

Not much I do is OSHA approved haha, if you would've seen how fast I was goin tryin to finish all that welding and get cleaned up so I could go do homework last night you would understand(your head would prob spin too). If I woulda had both front tires off that would be a COMPLETELY different story, but just pullin one tire at a time to weld then putting it back on I felt it was ok.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great job patching that back up! Verticle and overhead welds are definitely something that non-professional can really struggle with. Anybody can weld horizontally! LOL

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
if its an ac machine which most ******* boxes are then that is why it looks like that. AC isnt the best on a 7018 rod but the welds look plenty stout and honestly I have never worried to much about pretty welds because in welding all that matters is penetration and fill ie no pinholes. I have seen some UGLY welds pass dye penetrant and x ray tests

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Worked on the hood some more, If anyone wants to do this themselves, PLEASE ASK ME FIRST, I'LL CUT YOUR TIME TO A FRACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit procrastinating and finally got the inner fenders mounted... well their there where they're gonna stay.

Well enough with the boring stuff, got some new goodies...

I know the fan mounts are janky but I have spares and they are temporary, once the the main things are taken care of, it'll have to do for now

You must be registered for see images attach

Dont ever buy these!!! They look for excuses to strip and FAIL. I know yall are all thinkin "thats what you get for buyin cheapshit at harbor freight" and your exactly right

Tomorrow suddenly freed up and will be spent on this, hoping to mount batteries, intercooler, other e-fans(yeah got 2 pushers as well), plumb intercooler and intake, and mount wiring... oh and finish that damn hood!

Can somebody direct me to a link of the glowplug relocation deal? I'm gonna have to make a bracket and some ideers would help.

Last edited:

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Oh I still need a powersteering pump bracket and pulley... anyone have one they wanna sell?

wmoguy

Reaction score
Did you get that intercooler setup from Frozenboost.com??? please let me know how it goes if so. Thats near the top of my upfit list.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
silicone intakes, but I think they're the same company because they have identical website layouts and were out of the same silicone bends

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gimme a call on the PS bracket and Pulley. I just looked at them about an hour ago. Number is 3307284659. If the shipping isn't insane I can send a pump mounted also. Will be cutting up a two wheel drive dually this weekend to get my flatbed back on the road.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Once again unforeseen ******** got in the way, still managed to get progress made.

Got the brackets fabbed and welded in, wanted to paint the fan blades metallic silver but had primer gray at the house... make the fans be noticed :sly :sly

Gonna look sick!

Made bracket for actual intercooler but still held up on finishin the hood so I can set the fenders for good, ran out of hardener for the bondo, of course the intercooler shop sent the wrong bend for my intake and was out of the office when I called them at 4ish their time :frustrate :frustrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789