Old Blue: 4th life

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
Nice work man. So are you gonna throw the old bumper and guard on it or throw a nice chrome bumper on?

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Dangit I kept forgetting about this. Go to Lowe's, Home Depot, HD Supply or another Plumbing supply store and find you a No-Hub Band or Fernco. You can get them where they go from one size to another, like a reducer. That might be just the thing you need for the JB Welded intake piece. Something like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

thanks, but I used more JB weld and positioned the boots to make it work.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Nice work man. So are you gonna throw the old bumper and guard on it or throw a nice chrome bumper on?

Dang I've been so busy I forgot about it, I welded the old one back on last Wednesday night before I had to drive to Oklahoma for a job interview. Finished the last weld at 1 am, didn't even chip the slag just threw everything back in the garage and passed out to wake up in 5 hours and drive haha

The way it sits now, like 5 min ago, draining radiator of water to plumb coolant filter before I go home for the weekend.

It's all tweaked from the wreck and will never be right again, I'll leave it like it is and build another in probably a few weeks. No stock bumpers allowed!:rotflmao:rotflmao

Made a custom alienturtle gauge pod, stretched fleece over the top and spray painted for bedliner effect(in all reality it just leads to absolutely no sanding!!!!!) one problem is I stretched the top too tight and tweaked the bottom just enough to not fit right, I'll make another.

Just a random pic with no dash I found on my phone

Real fancy bracketry

And finally decided sitting on the inner fender well wouldn't work forever and welded up a mount for the intercooler, just an old battery tray, with 4 inch peices of angle iron standing on it to a bent piece of flat bar that goes around the intercooler, my neighbor Eric did the custom graphics.

If you want the made in TEXAS(fact) part to make sense get on youtube, search Texas Marines and enjoy; it portrays me and my buddies pretty well haha.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
so how is the intercooler working out for you? was it worth it?

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
While I cannot compare it to other intercoolers, I think it makes a big difference in performance regardless, I can tell when it is on or off, I have a temp gauge I'm gonna install and will be able to read my temps w/ and w/o the water pump going. Just haven't had time to install install it, but I'll give data when it's available.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
HAHA thats a half ass double T, it's for Texas Tech the school I just graduated from; I had some leftover resin...

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Got my parts truck hauled off for scrap, ended up costing 200 for the parts I pulled by the time I bought it, hauled it, and scraped it.

So the truck got put on the back burner as it is now a reliable running vehicle and I have been busy moving the last of my stuff temporarily back home, finding a job, and building a bar for a friend.

I plan to get my trans rebuilt and converted to a 4wd output, fix the huge oil leak whether it be rear main seal or oil pan, install my new clutch, slap on my new to me freshly rebuilt np205, and throw some 05 superduty axles underneath, 4-link the front, and run H1 beadlocks(have hook up on them) and military 37's. Lift will be minimal as fenders will be cut and a new front bumper will be built in place to fit, front axle will be moved forward slightly to improve approach angles and minimize fender cutting.

Now I would like honest opinions from everyone on the idea of painting the body of the truck blue bedliner and the rest(bumpers, headache rack, bed, tool box) will be regular black bedliner, and the chrome trim around windshield, mirrors, tailgate latch, and door handles will remain the same, probably polished.

Oh and some pics of the bar I just built for the friends new man cave...

Teusday morning, loaded down for the 400 mile trip, the box behind my tool box is something I slapped together to transport my flat screen since there is now way to safely move it otherwise, it's a way heavier load than it looks, the front is solid tool boxes full of mechanic tools, all my carpentry stuff, the superduty axles and t-case are flush on the back of the trailer under the saw horses and drum to counter the tongue weight and it's still saggin quite a bit, and got a 55 gallon drum for my wmo setup thats high up on the list of projects; only had the truck overheat once in the 100+ temps and not one but two blowouts on the trailer...

My tach started acting up, it keeps moving with the motor but slowly making its way all the way around in a clockwise motion, driving all yesterday it worked its way around about one full rotation. Anyone had this problem?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online