Old Blue: 4th life

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Updates:

Finished the hood; I think it kinda looks like a rat rod haha

You must be registered for see images attach

Don't know if you're supposed to or not, but the condenser had been sitting awhile with open fittings so I figured it wouldn't hurt to clean it. Figured rubbing alcohol and an air compressor would get the job done... this was the funnel I rigged...

Battery trays mounted

Where we are today

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Oh I realized that my ******* put the radiator for the intercooler right where the hood latch goes... I'm thinkin hood pins like on race cars but I don't know about the security stand point, thoughts?

sak778

Reaction score
You can do the under hood chain and pad lock or small locks that fit the hood pins or I think I may have seen some hot rod flush mount locking hood pin type pieces. Could've been custom, maybe, going to have to do some searching......

YMMV

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Thanks, I read about some people that used the first and last styles you posted that failed and caused flying hoods at speed, the second is kinda pricey. I'll be honest I'm gonna be picky as hell about the appearance. Since that post I've only been looking and can't find any locking ones that look cool or won't fail; think I'll just get some vintage style ones and hide my starter solenoid somewhere. To be honest locking hood pins would only stop so much anyways, and the vending machine style keyholes are fairly easy to pick.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Realized the damn hood pins wouldn't be in for about a week, so I needed to figure out a way to make the hood latch, and I figured I could modify the stocker to work as a single stage latch that would keep the hood latched and when I popped it the pins would still hold as the secondary.;Sweet

And to do that I had to remove some "details"

utilizing alot of my cut off wheel...

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Then I was gonna actually install the headlights, batteries, intercooler rad, and batteries because my hood now locked... then life happened again

This one is gonna be a PITA

the other side barely fits

Oh and get this, I guess the damn frame horns are welded solid a half inch high because my headlights were droopin on the outsides so I started messin with that to get em lined up...:frustrate:frustrate I don't think one part has gone on that didn't need some sort of customization:rotflmao:rotflmao

Also when any of yall go to buy one of these avoid frozenboost and siliconeintakes, they have the ********* customer service, I won't get all the parts in until the end of this week because they are worthless-cuss-cuss-cuss.

Another thing is their radiators and intercoolers require heater hose fittings which are 6.99 apiece and all the parts houses stock only one, 4 are required, so guess how many parts stores I went to to get them-cuss-cuss-cuss.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Looks good! I have standard pins on my 68 cougar prostock hood and i've never had them come off. Used the same pins that are on most 3pt hitch systems on tractors.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
BFH??????

No, Seriously... can you loosen the fender on its fasteners and adjust the fit? Or possibly slot the holes to give some adjustment.......

Of course, if all else fails..... BFH......

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Well I was thinkin about notching it with a cut off wheel then closing the gap to bring it down but then the hood wouldn't line up...might have to add material somewhere

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Ok so I'm gonna have to do something with my seat, its a vinyl bench that is in desperate need of re-upholstering. I was considering putting in different seats, since the truck is single cab I want to retain what little passenger carrying capacity I have, so something with a fold down console would be ideal. What are some of the different seats people of the OB have installed?

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I have a 92-97 cloth seat with the fold down armrest...it even has the pegs on the front for the factory cupholder. I also had Vinyl bench, 87-91 style, that was extremely miserable to sit on without air conditioning.....It's now a yard couch lol

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
I was thinkin of that exact thing, but I have subs behind the seat and curious as to how much more room the newer ones take up as there is no space to loose. I was also considering looking for some used racing seats and throw in a 5 point harness... figure that would be pretty sweet