Oil overfill ok?

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I would have just left it. Its not like you were that far above the full line to make a difference.

Also for reference the capacity of these trucks with the stock filter is 10 quarts. With the longer powerstroke filter its 11.

Isaac Ristow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dump 12 quarts in with a powerjoke filter every time never had an issue. I overfill everything just a tad when I change oil (1/4-1/2 inch) I'll bet on any given engine you'd have to overfill a few inches at least before the crank was dipping in the oil.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MAN..!! THAT IS NEAT ..!!

Very nifty !!

Did you have to remove your front driveshaft to get in there to see it..?

Do you have Mud Daubers where you live..?
The driveshaft was left out when I swapped out the transfer case. It had bad u joints and we don't use the 4wd anyway. We've got crazy amounts of mud daubers.

My fantasy bronco would have a regular twin I beam front end from a f150 and allow me to get it down a bit lower so it could be that much more sporty looking. I'm not a 4wd guy, I just like how broncos look.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I always just add 12 Qts with a powerstroke filter, what am i gonna do with 1 qt extra when I buy 3 gallons of oil... come on...

ihc1470

Reaction score
Really, thinking about it, it probably doesn't waste any more oil than wiping a dipstick. But how my people are still trying to find the dipstick or something to check the oil with on the "neat old tractor they just scored for cheap"?
Ford used this system on the Model T. Had a long rod that would slip over the petcock lever. You did not have to get under the car that way. Maybe it was a better idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online