oil leak

mrhorton88

Reaction score
Hi oilburners I've been a member for a while but never posted. I've got an oil leak on the front of the motor on the passenger side and I'm not sure what it could be. I know the fuel heater leaks and washes down the block and makes it look bad but other than that o have no clue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

mrhorton88

Reaction score
Also if I do that and fix the separator will that likely cure the air intrusion? What kind of valve cover gaskets are the best?

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Lift pump is simple. Two bolts and two fuel line connections.

Get yourself some felpro rubber valve cover gaskets. The cork ones will leak, I can almost guarantee it.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
USE SEARCH...plenty of info on fuel pumps even a few tech articles.

As for the leak...

STEAM CLEAN THE ENGINE....then watch closely when/where leak begins it's easy to find a leak on a clean engine, but a filthy pig is just that a filthy pig...not only do you not want to touch it, you sure as ***** don't wanna work on it!

Once that engine is spotless you'll find that it's much nicer to diagnose leaks and work on for repairs than before.

JM2CW

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure your CDR and/or valley pan grommet are sealing well. Seal off your air intake. The rest can get wet. Just do it on a cold engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online