Official "Home from the Rally" Thread

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're home and partialy unpacked.;Sweet
I should have changed my fuel filter saturday when I first started having problems...My light was coming on pulling the long grades, and truck was surging pretty bad. I had to feather it for several miles till I could find a place to pull off and change it.:puke:
Got cut off by a Grand AM in Louieville, had some heavy rush hour trafic in Cinncinatti and the end of a high speed chace had things backed up in Dayton at the main St exit on I75.
About 10 miles from home the rear compartment door decided it had rode long enough and broke off, dumping the contents onto the road. I never even saw it, someone flaged me down and told me so I had to turn around and go back to get it LOL
Also my rear main oil leak is MUCH worse now and I have something sticking in the IP, its like its dumping full fuel to it all the time.
But the inportant thing is we made it! :rotflmao

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're home and partialy unpacked.;Sweet
I should have changed my fuel filter saturday when I first started having problems...My light was coming on pulling the long grades, and truck was surging pretty bad. I had to feather it for several miles till I could find a place to pull off and change it.:puke:
Got cut off by a Grand AM in Louieville, had some heavy rush hour trafic in Cinncinatti and the end of a high speed chace had things backed up in Dayton at the main St exit on I75.
About 10 miles from home the rear compartment door decided it had rode long enough and broke off, dumping the contents onto the road. I never even saw it, someone flaged me down and told me so I had to turn around and go back to get it LOL
Also my rear main oil leak is MUCH worse now and I have something sticking in the IP, its like its dumping full fuel to it all the time.
But the inportant thing is we made it! :rotflmao

If you had changed the filter prior to the dyno and the pump was dumping fuel then, you might have pulled 300hp too :sly. Sorry to hear about your camper door falling off, hopefully you didn't lose anything very important.

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, we had planned to come over Friday again, but my daughter wasn't feeling well. She did get a little swim time in at the hotel, but only wanted to swim about an hour...I knew something wasn't right then, so I headed home. We battled a lathargic weekend, then today it broke loose. She had been battling a nuisance headache, but today it got worse. When I got home from work, my sister had given her Motrin but her fever was gaining ground. Took her to the doctor with a 102 fever and climbing! They diagnosed her with Strep, for the fourth time since last August and put her on antibiotic.

Her last words as we wheeled out of the hotel parking lot...but I wanted to see Darrin!!! :) She also told me on the way home, when she wasn't sleeping (20 minutes of the 6 hour drive) she made some new friends and next year would like to spend a week with you all!

Thanks Darrin for making us feel at home, it was great to finally meet all of you, especially Travis (we've talked on the phone, he prolly knows more about my divorce than he wanted, etc.), and Heath and family, and as always it was great to see those of you whom I've met a time or two before.

We look forward to next year and hopefully this visitation nonsense, which is rapidly winding down, will not be an issue and we can have a little more time. Maybe with all the parts, the pending gear change and overdrive, etc. I'll feel comfortable wheeling the mule to the rally.

Take care.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Scott, i am sorry i didnt get a chance to come over and at least shake your hand and and say hi to you and your daughter. i didnt realize you would be gone so soon. i was wondering where you were the next day.

i know what it is like having to take care of the kids first. we missed a few hours when my 4 year old Tyler wrecked his bike on sunday. Missy was nice enough to show me to an emergency care clinic and stick around to help fill out the paper work while i held Tyler. A big thanks to Missy for taking some of her valuable time to help us. he is ok though just messed his finger up with some scrapes on the rest of him. he was fine and wanting to ride the bike as soon as we got back. kids are resiliant.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got home yesterday afternoon. We had a blast, but are very tired and now I'm playing catch up at work.

I'll post more when I can.

Heath

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
We got home at 10:00 p.m. bama time on monday. I consider all of you to be my friends and I had mentioned to some of you about one of our church members being struck by lightning and I feel I should give an up date on her. It's not looking good for her she is on life support and a decision needs to be made today. I don't want to make all of your happiness go away in concern but please pray for Dawin Yoder and her family. On another note good job Heath and Missy for a great Rally.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
We left about 1:00 central time and yesterday drove until we made it to the PA turnpike. (About 3:00am) Slept at a rest stop for a few hours and made it home today around 10:30 AM.

Thanks to Heath and MIssy for a great rally and it was great to see everyone again and to meet some new people.

The trip was a little bit ******* the camper. Lost a front marker light cover going down and lost a trim ring comming home. My electrical gremlins were fixed at the campsite (thanks Ron, I'll send you a new connector) and I replaced my fuel filter the day of the dyno, maybe thats why I had such awsome numbers.:rotflmao

John

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
We're home. No problems, Thanks to Missy and Heath for a great Rally. and thanks to Michael for being the "go between" I'm off to the parts store for a new steering box. Oh and Missy thanks for the Chinese ice cream. Always good to try some thing new:rotflmao;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hello all... I got home last nite at 10 pm. It was a great trip home. First day was 950 miles and the second day was 1100 miles. Took 3 days to get there but needed to be home fast. Truck ran simply great all the way home. The first part I got great mpg at 24 but that was mostly going down hill too....:rotflmao It appears like I got very close to 20 mpg but I will fill up and post the total gallons and miles driven later. Mel is a tireless worker. I thank hime for the above and beyond efforts made. To Heath and Missy....:Thumbs Up You guys were great and thankyou for the best time. I have to thank so many of you so this is it. The names blurr at this time but know in your hearts I am so thankful I was able to be there with all of you. The Moose pump installation had the brain trust in a fix for some time but its all good. If it was easy we would be driving a chevy....:D I was really close to letting the smoke out of my starter but it got me home. I had been listening to it for some time before the rally thinking... Is it turning slower than normal. Mel confirmend that by mentioning it sounding slow. Tomorrow my truck gets a new one and things will be fine again. Most of my trip home was in double overdrive and running around 75 mph turning 1750 rpm....:D Fuel cost is $2.85 per gallon here....:mad: Kingman Az was $2.39 and that was my last fillup and it was more than enough to get home the 350 miles. I have plenty left. I will be in touch with those of you that I didn't get to say good by to and some expressed a need for my cell number so thats to be done too.. In closing I had a great time and all of you made it possible. What a great group of true friends. I will miss this till the next rally.......

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow sounds awesome!! ;Sweet I knew Heath would put on a great show! Thanks for posting pics everybody!
Now if'n BJ would just post the official pics!!! :backoff

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
We got home yesterday afternoon. We had a blast, but are very tired and now I'm playing catch up at work.

I'll post more when I can.

Heath

Heath,

I wasn't there long, but it was great to meet you and what I experienced was top notch...great job by you and your wife (and whomever else was involved) and by the reports, things continued to be great throughout the weekend. Great job! And again, it was great to meet you, sorry I couldn't stay longer.

Scott

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Her last words as we wheeled out of the hotel parking lot...but I wanted to see Darrin!!! She also told me on the way home, when she wasn't sleeping (20 minutes of the 6 hour drive) she made some new friends and next year would like to spend a week with you all!

Thanks Darrin for making us feel at home, it was great to finally meet all of you, especially Travis (we've talked on the phone, he prolly knows more about my divorce than he wanted, etc.), and Heath and family, and as always it was great to see those of you whom I've met a time or two before.

She is Awesome! Defiantly worth the fight you have been putting up to have your time with her,..Hu,..? Hope she gets better soon, Keep us posted on how she is doing.

Sounds like everyone is making it home with out major issues, Thats a good thing!, Still waiting on Mel, Ron, Chris, and Joe. I think that they are leaving tomorrow.

BJ Thanks for the pics!

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job with the pics BJ!! I had forgotten all about the awards! Who won what? Who won the best of show? It's pretty obvious who won the longest distance driven!!
Miss havin yah down the road BJ - being in Chicago land next year it woulda been nice to have a convoy partner...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online