Non-wastegated banks turbo info

bigrigmailman

Reaction score
I have a 93 f250 7.3 idi zf5 4x4, I installed a used banks non-wastegated turbo kit yesterday, I figured out that I didn't receive the crankcase vent hose adapter. After starting my truck, a few moments later oil started purging from the exhaust output side of the turbo. We removed the turbo to check it out and sure enough the only thing holding it together, was a bushing. So lesson learned there, MAKE SURE THE CRANKCASE IS VENTED PROPERLY. So here is the question I have for the guru's here, is the banks turbo a t3/t4 or which one is it? All it says on the turbo is banks. I'm looking to get a rebuild kit for it just not sure which turbo kit to buy. Please help....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Banks, many of their turbochargers are proprietary - but they do sell almost everything you'll need.

Eli

WIZ-KID

Reaction score
I have one (1st gen Banks) in my truck and a T-3/T-4 kit will work, except the o-ring for the compressor housing and the nut on the compressor wheel on mine is rh threads. I just put it together without o-ring and used locktite on the nut. When you assemble, good idea to put piston ring gap at the top to minimize oil getting past into exhaust and intake.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call me. I'll sell you a kit, although I may also try to talk you out of rebuilding it yourself.

bigrigmailman

Reaction score
Ok thank you guys for the info. I was having a heck of a time locating any info on this banks kit. Talk about no support from banks wow..

Mr Clickety Clackety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thank you guys for the info. I was having a heck of a time locating any info on this banks kit. Talk about no support from banks wow..

This was my experience as well. they just tried to sell me a new/updated kit. and the guy was very rude.

Sending my turbos to type4 in the very near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance