New to the Forum, Need some Ac and Vacuum help

tompands

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 1989 F350 with the 7.3 IDI in it. It's a wrecker with hydraulic boom, twin winches and wheel lift. The truck is a Florida truck which means it's sun baked paint and rubber is dry rotted. It has low mileage and runs great. I'm going to paint it , put new tires and replace as much of the rubber (window seals, hydraulic hoses, tires, etc) as I can. I'm also installing all new LED lights on it. Rust is minimal.
My question and request for help, to you guys, concerns the AC system. The spaghetti vacuum lines are gone-dried up and blew away. I can handle the conversion of the compressor to r134, but where and how are the vacuum lines run on this truck ? I see the little tiny vacuum pump on the pass side inner fender, and a actuator on top of the heater box which I know is the door in the box, but all the lines are gone and I don't even know where to start. I'm sure I need to run all new lines all the way to the dash controls. Anyone out there have a diagram you can provide? Any help would be appreciated.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I wish I could be of some help, but I'm not much good here. I just want to say that someone will answer with some good info. It may not be real soon. Don't get discouraged by the lack of an answer.

tompands

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the seat today, repaired a small rust spot in the floor and installed a new black vinyl mat, truck is starting to look pretty good. I went to the junk yard yesterday and bought a passenger door ($50) , and installed that today also. Was looking around and found a small 4 inch piece of the vacuum line , I'm going to take it down to NAPA and see if they have any. Now I have to figure out why my brand new batteries are getting sucked dead. I'm leaning towards the Glow Plug Controller.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726