Low vacuum pressure switch work around help please

treerxjon

Reaction score
Hi,

While overhauling my old rust bucket I knocked the plastic nipple off of my low vacuum pressure switch.

Theses low vacuum pressure switches haven’t been manufactured in quite some time and are pretty impossible to find.

I came across a guy on this site who had taken a https://a.co/d/5AqPSmL and substituted it for the original and I am trying to copy his work around.

My wiring harness color scheme doesn’t match any of the manuals, I don’t have violet, black and green wiring in the plug that attached to the switch. My wires are dark green, light green and brown.

I am a far cry from being an electrician and wondering if anyone understands Ford’s wiring colors. I need to find the ground and the NO wires to connect to the new switch.

Does anyone else have experience with this that can give a lost guy a hand?

Thank you.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome on board...

Can you tell us year, make, and model...?

And...can you give us a picture to see how bad it really is..?

If it were me...I would take a dremel and expose enough contact metal to solder wires to the affected area and connect it up that way...

Tedious...yes...but possibly worth it than trying to adapt something...

You might want to look into a tool that will help you with electrical diagnosis....I reccommend this...for starting out...

With this tool you can get a leg up on power, ground, and signal...

Good luck on it...

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take your meter and probe the each of the 3 wires until you have continuity to a metal part of the chassis...that's your ground wire.

BeastMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is for my 1994 7.3L idi Ford Econoline Van...
You must be registered for see images attach

Note the vacuum switch wiring is on the left. Three wires are shown, but don't take this as truth until we know for sure we are talking the same animal here...

We will need more information about what year and truck you have so we can be more specific.

My knowledge is pretty specific to my van.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black dawg

Reaction score
Hi,

While overhauling my old rust bucket I knocked the plastic nipple off of my low vacuum pressure switch.

Theses low vacuum pressure switches haven’t been manufactured in quite some time and are pretty impossible to find.

I came across a guy on this site who had taken a https://a.co/d/5AqPSmL and substituted it for the original and I am trying to copy his work around.

My wiring harness color scheme doesn’t match any of the manuals, I don’t have violet, black and green wiring in the plug that attached to the switch. My wires are dark green, light green and brown.

I am a far cry from being an electrician and wondering if anyone understands Ford’s wiring colors. I need to find the ground and the NO wires to connect to the new switch.

Does anyone else have experience with this that can give a lost guy a hand?

Thank you.
napa# fps200

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online