7.3IDI Oil pressure switch/sensor question/Ford cluster combo question

Thatoneguy13

Reaction score
What I have:

1988 F350 diesel 7.3 IDI 093 turbo. My oil pressure gauge doesn't work. I know theres the newer one (89+ ford right?)

I went to the JY and found what I think are the 89+ gauges. They both have 2 resistors soldered in the back board.

Theyre both for gas engine. Am i able to swap my tach, and my fuel gauge faceplate, and swap over to that cluster? Then, I would need to upgrade to the different switch right? Do you have the correct part number for the 89+ oil pressure switch?

After I swap to the latest oil pressure switch, or sensor? Plus the gauge cluster swap, I would have a truly working oil pressure gauge right?

If you can't help with the gauge cluster questio, I know the younger IDI's used a sensor, or switch. I can't remembers, but Im trying to upgrade to a working gauge. Can you tell me which sensor/switch I need for the real working gauge? Is it the bell type that i need?

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '94 7.3 idiT is running a smaller sending unit form a gauge. Rockauto might be your friend to find what your after.
\