New to me f350 what to do

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Only time I've seen crank no start, and fuel coming out of the injectors, is usually bad pump. But I don't want to be the one to condemn it.

danda

Reaction score
Bled the fuel at the filter housing schrader valve bunch of air bled out it now will stumble a bit and tease me like it’s going to start then it will just go back to normal no stumble. Ideas
1. Keep a good battery charger on the batts. If truck has a block heater, plug it in. Try again the next day after batts are fully charged up and best if the day is nice and sunny/warm. (assuming no glow plugs or block heater). While cranking, it is best to have jumper cables from another vehicle also. If you can, double up the jumper cables, and even use two source vehicles. This will help the batteries last longer and rebound faster between cranks.

2. bleed fuel filter housing again. This is much easier/faster if you have an electric fuel pump. Else you might wear out batteries and eventually starter just doing this. There are cheapo fuel pumps on amazon for like $25. But if using mechanical pump, well get a helper to crank for about 5 seconds at a time, while you bleed schrader valve. If your fuel system is tight, no more air will come out, but if it has air intrusion, then it will need to be bled again after sitting overnight, or sometimes even an hour.

3. crack open all the injectors. Crank (5 sec intervals) until fuel starts coming out of each. you will see it gets wet at top and bottom of the injector line nut. should happen within 30 secs of cranking, else you may have an IP problem.

4. tighten injector nuts. Turn key to on, wait for glow plug light to go out (if working). Push pedal to the floor, crank. hopefully it should start within 10 secs. You can also keep an eye on the exhaust.... it should at least blow white smoke if fuel is getting into the engine.

5. It it still won't start, you could try a little ether I guess. Personally I never use it as I'm paranoid about it washing down the cylinder walls.

6. Come back and let us know it went. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7