New problem---stalls

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
I just got back from the old car event at hershey. Truck towed my 5th wheel just fine....EXCEPT.....
I died at a couple of intersections on the way up. A turn of the key and it started right back up. Puzzled by this new problem, but otherwise it was fine.
Coming home it only died at one intersection 1 mile from home. Then it died in front of my house and wouldn't restart. It would crank, and then start, but die as soon as i let off WOT. Then it took longer to restart, maybe 20 seconds of cranking before it would start. Finally it started, and I backed it into the driveway, with my foot at about 1/4 throttle.
Any ideas?
I checked the fuel cut off solenoid, and it gave a good click as i unplugged it and plugged it back in.

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
first thing i think of is the lift pump.
i'd do a volume & pressure check at the fuel filter first.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how old is the feul filter? if it has any mileage above 5k change it for S&G. you may have picked up a load of bad feul.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Lift pump is electric. I can hear it running, but, after the rain stops, I'll check it.

Fuel filter is old enough to be replaced--but wouldn't it be more likely to starve at speed, than at idle?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael, your running an additive, are you not? Overdose it with one of the respected brands in case your suffering from that stuck thingy they are always talking about.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Mel,
I love it when you talk "technical"!
I already gave it a pretty good overdose of PowerService, just before the trip.
Good thing I have an extra (untested) injection pump. I may have to swap them soon. I wonder if Travis could look inside and see whats wrong...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He probably could. He'll tell you the problem is the extra two injection lines. LOL :backoff

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
He probably could. He'll tell you the problem is the extra two injection lines. LOL :backoff

Yah and that it has 2 heads....... Heard that one before. :draw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online