New hubcaps!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knuckledragger, would it be feasible for you to repaint the wheels in the same color as the rest of the truck? Methinks it will look even better than it does now w/ white wheels, and grey was a factory Ford color for wheels (albeit for the newer models) so it still flows w/ the new old truck theme...
FWIW older trucks also had OEM gray wheels, at least as an option. My '84's OEM wheels are gray.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I love the way your truck looks but, I could never leave one stock. LOL Glad people like you will keep them safe from me for sometime

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Knuckledragger, would it be feasible for you to repaint the wheels in the same color as the rest of the truck? Methinks it will look even better than it does now w/ white wheels, and grey was a factory Ford color for wheels (albeit for the newer models) so it still flows w/ the new old truck theme...

I have considered painting the wheels, but have a set of alcoas waiting to be installed. No telling which will get done first.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I love the way your truck looks but, I could never leave one stock. LOL Glad people like you will keep them safe from me for sometime

I never considered what most of the OB members do to their trucks anything bad or wrong, I just got a truck in very nice stock condition and decided to keep it that way. Seemed cheaper than modifying it when it didn't need anything.

It has a 2 year old engine with about 9,000 miles on it and I am happy with the performance, even though Gary (Icanfixall) thinks it might be retarded. I haven't hooked it up to a timing meter yet (discounting the time at towcat's when Gary hooked it up and the meter was broken), but will get around to it eventually.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This really is a great looking truck. I have seem it many times. It went to towcats last gtg. We drove along side each other. No problems with Mikes rig or mine either. Some may recall this truck was stolen too. We all figured it was in south america but not... About 4 months later the sheriff called and asked if he wanted his truck back.. It had been in a stolen- abandon lot for about a week. Only problem was the ignition lock was pulled and the batteries were dead. We think the fools had run the tanks dry and could not restart it. Seems it had been used to take crap to the dump so those cameras were searched but nothing came up.. Mike was really happy to get it back as all can see. Cops found it abandoned on the streets not far from this pictured location too... Also there was an impound fee that had to be paid before it was released too.... That was a crappy deal right there...

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
^^^^ That's exactly the reason why i'm restoring my 1990 F250 4x4 to factory original specs!

When was the last time you saw an unmolested reg cab long bed 4x4 5 speed Diesel truck, on steel rims, hubcaps, and pizza cuttin tires??? Sure don't see that very often anymore. I'm even going to paint it it's original color of charcoal gray! The interior will also be completely original, right down to the bench seat, witch has be covered all it's life and tape player radio :D

Lol when I looked into my garage :sly