New Horse to the Stable

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Well I have been looking for a replacement daily driver for my aging '87 F150 4x4 that has 300 or 400k on it. The motor has no compression anymore...rear frame has been fixed...the body isnt nice...interior is rough...front clip isnt attached to the frame anymore... It has served me well but the time has come to retire it...

So I have been watching craigslist not totally sure what i wanted to get to replace it. I looked at other F150's...Rangers...was going to look at a car possibly....

I came to the conclusion that I just won't really be happy in anything other then a truck... then I found it...

You must be registered for see images attach

This beauty is a 1991 F250 4x4 XLT Lariat with a ZF 5 speed and 3.55 gears. It has a n/a 7.3L and only 121k original miles. The farmer i bought it from only put 15k on it in the past 10 years or so. the title he gave me for it listed the mileage at 106k so i know its legit. it has some dents a little bit of rust but it runs like a top and is the second smoothest IDI i have ever had the pleasure of hearing run. (icanfixall's is the first)

The door panels are in excellent shape....no fade or wear on the tops...power windows and power locks.

Its been do damn cold to do much around here so no more pics but when i get a change ill post a few more...

i gave a little more then i wanted but I dont think it was a horrible deal at $3000

rattleonby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck and not a bad deal at all. I mean it IS a 1991 so these trucks are almost like survivors when found in decent shape lol. 3.84 isnt bad for diesel either. Its 3.99-4.29 here near philadelphia :(

rattleonby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang thats cheap mohave....prices here almost makes me want to burn my 200 gallons of WTO i have sittin in 55's. I really wanna try not to burn any but if i see 5$ I'm goin to have to resort to it. Makes me feel like a moonshiner with the setup i have hahaha.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a nice truck for the price. And the diesel here is 3.89 at the lowest. Usually upwards of 4.39 all the time damit... Do I see regular at 3.18 a gallon.. If so thats a screaming deal.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Ill try and take a few more interior pics today. Im working on replacing the factory radio at the moment. It had power but wouldnt power on the tuner when turned on. I pulled it out and it rattles loke someone put a coin or two in the cassette deck hahahaha.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score

got the heater fixed today...new blower motor and resistor... man is it nice and quiet now.. and removed the dead factory radio that someone shoved some coins in the cassette slot and killed....replaced it with a nice Kenwood unit with built in blue tooth.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck, but what's the pluggin for? :D Gotta get over there one of these days, maybe with a six pack of Sam.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Good looking truck! Good price for the mileage and equipment, too. That interior is very inviting.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i may start doing some body work once the weather breaks....i got a pair of spotless front fenders i need to go pickup for it that are waiting for me...hopefully in the spring i can repaint it. nothing fancy. just a nice two tone. probably a dark gunmetal top and bottom and nit sure what color i will do in the middle. probably something close to the factory color.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance