New Hand Fabbed Aluminum Dash

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
Ha, just looked closer and wondered why you had the 87-91 steering wheel with the old dash, should've known with your conversion.LOL

He also has 87-91 door panels, BTW man your work is the S**T, i mean wow that just blows me away with how much detail and time you put into those dash pieces , wow dude you do good work!;Sweet:love::hail

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
extremely nice craftsmanship Wow is all I can say. Just love the mod, along with the 87+ column.

Keep up the good work.

Hey how bout dimpled pedals maybe in stainless?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Very creative, sure looks good and it reminds Me a little of Big Ed's center console from a few years ago.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
great work, i really like the look of it. its amazing how fast the hours can start to stack up on custom work just to make it look decent. my hats off to you

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Man that thing screams HMMWV! And no, not the grocery-getter variety. :eek:

I think the slant nose interior is perfect for this type of custom work because of the angle the center section sits at in relation to the driver.

Damn good work there ! :love:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VERY impressive. I have no doubt that you have a ton of time into that. Too bad Ford didn't go with that design from the start. Yes, an aftermarket dash WOULD be a great accessory to have available. Obviously some kind of die that would just stamp that out would be what is needed to make it feasible. But I'm sure that's got a snowballs chance in hell of every happening.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easily some of the best sheet metal work I have ever seen. I have only two suggestions.

1; Document EVERYTHING and keep the patterns just in case you get asked to make another one (not everyone in a slant nose is broke LOL, and more to the point, thats the sort of thing you can ship).
2; DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!! that is the sort of stuff they put on hot rod shows. Not everyone is capable of that kind of quality no matter how hard they try. Seriously, that's stuff to put in your resume.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez, thanks for all the positive feedback guys. You're making me blush.

I had this idea rattling around in my head since I started bolting aftermarket gauges in my first rig - an 82 F150 stepside that I lowered and put a 460 in - and that was over 15 years ago.
For someone that's used to doing sheet metal fab, it isn't too awful complicated.
The high dollar tools that are required is something the average joe doesn't have access to. That would be a good stomp shear, brake, and TIG welder for the dash panels.

If you think this dash is cool, you should see my Harley:sly