1994 F350 dash harness connector ID help

chickenpot

Reaction score
Sounds like a grounding problem to the cab. Do you have a decent sized ground wire from the back of the engine to the firewall? It's always left off when engine work is done, and then you get crazy problems like this. Also make sure you haven't painted things up nice on the truck and the paint is interfering with grounding.
So, before i had any of the dash back together i did have that exact ground off to hit it with sandpaper on the terminal and the firewall, and it tested good continuity between the copper and the cab. I did also check to see that ground was connected to the engine, but not how well. I may just make a dedicated ground from the battery to the cab and skip the engine block for the main ground to the cab. Any possible issues i could run into in doing that?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, before i had any of the dash back together i did have that exact ground off to hit it with sandpaper on the terminal and the firewall, and it tested good continuity between the copper and the cab. I did also check to see that ground was connected to the engine, but not how well. I may just make a dedicated ground from the battery to the cab and skip the engine block for the main ground to the cab. Any possible issues i could run into in doing that?
That would work ok. You can also just use a jumper cable for testing purposes. Clip one end to the battery negative, clip the other end to a good clean spot on the cab, and see if that helps the problem go away. You can move that ground around different places, or use a smaller scrap piece of wire hooked to the battery negative and you can then hook the other end to different places to see if the problem goes away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online