New Guy Sayin' Hello

94_dieselpower

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!

I didn't see anywhere a new member can introduce themself, so I figured I would do it here. (Moderator/Administrator: if there is a more appropriate spot, I apologize for posting in the wrong place).

With this being a Ford diesel truck forum I guess I better explain why I am here and the appropriate rigs I have for this forum. I have been lurking around as a guest for a long time and figured it was time to become a member.

I personally own a 1994 F-350 CC Turbo Diesel. I have some BIG plans for it, of which I will get into in another post. I got it from my brother who purchased it years ago from someone to use as his logging crummy. He used it for a little while, and then had a problem with the turbo, I believe, and parked it. He then bought a different truck and was just letting this one rot away in the brush. Well, I started dating this girl (now my fiancee`) who owns/drives a 1994 F-250 Turbo Diesel w/ a Dana 60 swap lifted 6". Her truck had the E4OD transmission, of which was going downhill fast. My brother owed me some money, so I took the truck of his hands for two reasons:

1. It had a Dana 60, of which I wanted and,

2. It had a ZF5 that could go into my fiancee`s truck

Well, after doing the ZF5 swap with her dad, he got to talking to me and convinced me we should rebuild the truck I have from the frame up. I was originally going to put the Dana 60 under a F-250 powerstroke and scrap the rest. Well, I like the idea of a non-computerized, reliable truck. So, my big plan is to slowly rebuild this truck from the frame up along with my future father-in-law and brother-in-laws help...and hopefully the fine people of this forum's help.

I apologize for the long post, but hopefully this is a good introduction of myself. I look forward to being a part of this forum and to building a truck that one day I can be proud of knowing I was able to build and save from going to the scrap yard.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WELCOME TO OB!!

Glad to have you. This is the best place to IDI info and help. Great group of guys (and gals) here.

Your project sounds like a good one. My F250 started as a frame off project and was a hoot. You'll have to try and make it to a Rally one of these days so we can meet you and see your rig when it's all done.

Heath

94_dieselpower

Reaction score
Wow!! Thanks for the quick response! From all the reading I have done here, I can tell this is a great site. A rally would be a lot of fun. This project is going to take me a long time. The college education isn't the cheapest thing in the world...but will be worth it in the end. But maybe I can convince the lady to take her truck sometime!

Well, I am originally from Coos Bay, but at the moment I live in Corvallis going to school at OSU. I see you are from Beaverton, not too far away from here.

Again, thanks for the welcome!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Lots od great members are located in your state with plenty of good close help and information. We have been attempting to have a west coast BBQ at sna jose but getting it started is tuff. Some members from oregon usually attend. Even got a member from canada attending one year.... He brought some fine beer too...:sly Don't feel you need to ask only smart questions. We answer all questions. We like to keep others from making the uninformed mistakes some of us have made. Usually asking questions solves the dumb mistakes before they happen...:sly:D

94_dieselpower

Reaction score
icanfixall - Thank you! I am sure I will be able to conjure up some pretty stupid questions for ya'll...I don't know a whole lot about diesels but slowly learning as I go.

94IDITurbo7.3 & Ididriver - thank you for the welcome. I can't believe I was even going to let it go. I am glad my fiancee`s dad talked me into doing this project. It will be a fun & frustrating project, but totally worth it in the end. The way I look at it is I will spend quite a lot of money building this truck to what I want, but in the end I will spend LESS than I would for a new truck, I will know this truck inside and out, forwards and backwards, and most of all, I will have a truck that is actually worth a damn!

Squeaky Wheel - GO BEAVS!! That is awesome to meet someone who has attended Oregon State. What major did you do? Oh, and thank you for the welcome!

TangTonic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, I have lurked and posted on all the diesel forums, but this one is by far my favorite and feels more like a family or brotherhood. I think its pretty cool that your future wife drives a sweet F-250 diesel with a Dana 60 to boot. I got my wife pretty stoked on these Ford diesels too. Good luck with your project, and greetings from way down here in the Caribbean!

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Have fun restoring that truck. I would love to do that to mine someday!!!

John

94_dieselpower

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the welcome!

Yeah, it is pretty sweet she drives that truck. I will have to post a pic of it someday. I had always seen it driving around town and thought to myself, "that would be a bad ass truck to have"!...now I am marrying the girl that drives it! Small world...

I certainly will have fun doing the project. I think it will be awesome to have a brand new truck when I am done with it.

lynch

little stinker
Reaction score
welcome and good luck.....u will love the 94 when your done the 7.3 turbo they are good motors i love mine;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789