New F150's

Max Power

Reaction score
The new F150's are sweat trucks! Does anyone know all the motor options? Do they have anything hp wise to compete with the *cough* Hemi?

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by babyshaker
In the land of diesel owners, the man with the Hemi is king.

My dad has a Hemi in his 03' Goat.... He can't stand the Idea that I can beat him in the Quarter..thats when he told me his next truck will be a diesel

TTLS

INCOMING!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Max Power
The new F150's are sweat trucks! Does anyone know all the motor options? Do they have anything hp wise to compete with the *cough* Hemi?

NOPE. :rolleyes: Only 300 hp. :kick: -cuss -Lame :number2

I don't care for the squashed greenhouse look. Doesn't appear to be as much visibility as the competition, both foreign and domestic.

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
And from driving a rental and a friends both super cab one long bed one short both with a little over 10,000 miles. All I have to say is 300 HP my ***** white butt.

I have driven Legit 300 HP vehicles that weigh about the same as the truck, and brother it don't drive like its got 300hp or even the torque the claiming.

With the relentless beating I gave the rental when I had it in Texas towards the end of the week it started to quicken up a bit, I credit this to the "adaptive learning" in the new generation pcm's.

Other than that they drove and rode GREAT. Comfort was excellent and the cabin was VERY quiet. that new "quiet steel" really does make a difference. Steering was spot on and precise brakes took a little getting used to but worked well too.

If they ever put a diesel in one or come out with a NEW lightning I will definitely have to consider putting one in the stable.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
I had a 99 with a 5.4 with the PI heads on it and a exhaust and chip... it ran like a ***** ape

Attachments

• MVC-003Scrop.jpg
    MVC-003Scrop.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 3

tgatch

Reaction score
Dualie,

I'd venture to say that the 300HP is there, it's just the PCM controls the way that power comes on and therefore makes it feel like a dog. Dumb if you ask me, but that's my guess.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
4.2 V6 pushrod: Dog with the 4R70w, kinda ok with the M5OD. Also only way to get a stick anymore.

4.6 V8 SOHC: Sadly only available with the automatic now. Pretty nice with the M5OD in the last body style.

5.4 V8 SOHC 3 valve per cylinder: Moves pretty good, not sure it could take the hemi though.

Adrianspeeder

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
I drove a friends '06 F-150 Harley Davidson (AWD) on Saturday and I was pretty impressed with it. It has the 5.4L V8 (Non-supercharged cookoo) motor in it...It wasn't anything to get REALLY excited about but it did just find IMO.
BTW....I really like the new '06 Harley Body and design. I havn't been sold on that new F-150 yet....but I do like the Harley model :thumbsup:

-Casey

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online