NEED ZF5 diesel trans for 90 2wd F350

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, it's gonna leave a dent in my already empty wallet.:idiot:

Tore up at least the tailshaft bearing that I know for sure. My own dang fault too from flat towing it 750 miles without pulling the driveshaft. Didn't know you couldn't do that to a ZF5 until after I did it.:oops:

Got her in the shop right now and everything is set up so I can pull the tranny tomorrow, crack it open and see how much damage I did and figure out if I'm going to rebuild it or replace it.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh she's been jealous since I picked up the other truck, pulled her home and put some of her goodies on the new truck.

Started with stalling and not restarting right at the dealership after I was bragging how reliable she was....ran my fuel a little too low on the tank and forgot to switch.....sales staff helped push it out of the parking space so I could hook up to it.

She mangled my tow bar during an emergency stop to avoid hitting a horse that ran across the interstate in front of my new truck about 2 miles from the dealership.

Spent the next 750 miles slamming back and forth on my bent tow bar making for a really cruddy white knucle drive......especially through the Gorge on I-40 near the TN / NC line.

Didn't want to start the other day showing it to a potential buyer because the GPR went bad as well as 3 glow plugs.....fixed that a couple days ago.

Went to fix the speedo drive gear and it killed the new gear immediatly which is how I discovered the bearing problem.

Oh yea, I'm ready to divorce her now, I guess this being the only the 1st tranny I've lost in 25 years it ain't all that bad.:mad:

Been a really good truck and always got the job done for me but it's time to move on, don't need 3 trucks here if you count Mama's Yota.