Need new block heater

skeeter72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering if you all could direct me to a place to buy a new block heater for a 94 f250 7.3. I remember reading it on this forum a year or so ago but have had no luck searching the forum. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a while, but I think I got mine from Napa when I replaced mine.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ebay is about the cheapest place to find them. Lots of them always listed..

dirtbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if a 7.3 is the same as a 6.9, but we replaced our leaker a few months ago. O'reilley auto had a direct fit "Zerostart" brand that was exactly loke the one we replaced, complete with a new cable for $50.00.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
All the 6.9 and 7.3 blocks use the same size block heater. Its really nice to know our idi engines use common parts from both block sizes. Makes finding parts so mush easier...:thumbsup:

skeeter72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I need to replace it soon and I'm about to change my oil before It gets too cold so I was going to do at the sametime. Thank you for the input.

darkbluefoxbody2

Reaction score
Orielly's Zerostart, check different numbers 3100043 oem 1000 watt, 3100045 smaller 600watt, 3100042 smaller yet 400 watt. All these confirmed fit!!!! Price goes down to $25.00ish on one.
I use the 400 watt one but the 600 watt is cheaper.

If you have a pre 85 block and INSIST on using the heater try the 3100042 400 watt

skeeter72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you that was extremely helpful. Because I was looking on eBay last night and everything I saw was 60+.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm staring at NAPA's site right now and seeing a 1000 watt unit for $53.99

I usually get a pretty good commercial discount at NAPA, and definitely O'Reilly's, so I will be getting one at either of those two places if the one I have is crapped out on the NEW truck. Will definitely have to check it out soon. But I doubt it's bad, the previous owner was VERY thorough with details on redoing things

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looking at Oreilly's and they want about the same for the same 1000 Watts

skeeter72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was considering that. However I really do not know where in the system to install it and I thought it is recommend that you install a coolant filter if you have one. Lastly I think you have to drain all your coolant and I do not have place or vessel large enough to do that. I do not think the neighbors would appreciate that however it might get rid of all the stray cats in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkbluefoxbody2

Reaction score
Just order Kats 11605 for $12.00 delivered from eBay. 600 watt version I checked there web site to confirm direct replacement. They make both 600 and 1000. They have lots.
I do not plan to use it but have a leaker now and have had one blow out in the past so I just change them every on every truck I get.
I prefer 400 watt for overnight in cold weather, but when it gets to 0 degrees here and need a block heater my powers out anyways.