n/a freak?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bout 110-115 mph.

I'm sure you've done the math, but I don't think you are taking any wind resistance into account. Typically if you double the speed your wind resistance goes up four times as its exponential. I can tell you that I've tracked mileage many times and the difference between low 60s mph and high 70s mph is on the magnitude of 30-40% more fuel consumption, which supports this theory pretty clearly (clearly in my wallet).

I've got to side with Brad on this one: spend some time at the drag strip and you'll find out how accurate your seat of the pants dyno is (or isn't). I know the condition of an engine, particularly the fuel system, can make a big performance difference in these trucks, and some certainly run better than others, but I gotta say show me on an all steel cab and a half 4x4 cutting 10 second 0-60s. I have a ZF n/a 4x4 truck and I don't think I'd get 110 mph if I drove it off a cliff on Mt St Helens.

Just my .02.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
When I go to test my 0-60 am I allowed to use the brakes to initiate my launch sequence?

Absolutely. But unless your speed has been calibrated, it is off and will not give you accurate readings. And the same goes for the stop watch, human error plays a BIG part

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
back to the 83 again, before i made it 4x4 she had a 4 speed and 3.05 gears in the rear. i could very easly make the speedo point down to the odometer. had a dodge boy follow me once, it hit the motor governer at 115 mph.

my 94 i just did a quick 0-60 time with it. 4.10 gears, 29 inch tires. estimated at 13.5014 seconds. i have it on my phone if yall want the vid. it was really hard to steer, shift, and video the dash all at once. lol

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
back to the 83 again, before i made it 4x4 she had a 4 speed and 3.05 gears in the rear. i could very easly make the speedo point down to the odometer. had a dodge boy follow me once, it hit the motor governer at 115 mph.

my 94 i just did a quick 0-60 time with it. 4.10 gears, 29 inch tires. estimated at 13.5014 seconds. i have it on my phone if yall want the vid. it was really hard to steer, shift, and video the dash all at once. lol

Dont crash corey:rotflmao

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
it was a nice long STRAIGHT back road. the one everyone races on around here. has swamp on both sides.

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I took a video today, got somewhere between ten and eleven seconds!

Although I can get 0-60 rear wheel speed in about two seconds on gravel :D

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you've done the math, but I don't think you are taking any wind resistance into account. Typically if you double the speed your wind resistance goes up four times as its exponential. I can tell you that I've tracked mileage many times and the difference between low 60s mph and high 70s mph is on the magnitude of 30-40% more fuel consumption, which supports this theory pretty clearly (clearly in my wallet).

I've got to side with Brad on this one: spend some time at the drag strip and you'll find out how accurate your seat of the pants dyno is (or isn't). I know the condition of an engine, particularly the fuel system, can make a big performance difference in these trucks, and some certainly run better than others, but I gotta say show me on an all steel cab and a half 4x4 cutting 10 second 0-60s. I have a ZF n/a 4x4 truck and I don't think I'd get 110 mph if I drove it off a cliff on Mt St Helens.

Just my .02.

Well, if I can do 111 in a 460 powered brick-nose with 4.10 gears, uphill, I should think my idi could do it with more torque.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Well, if I can do 111 in a 460 powered brick-nose with 4.10 gears, uphill, I should think my idi could do it with more torque.

Um...... you got that wrong.

A 88 EFI 460 is 230hp-390ft/lb

Your 6.9 is 185HP-365ft/lb

So the 460 has you beat on both counts

Black dawg

Reaction score

stock for stock (at this elevation anyway) a 460 truck will stomp an idi truck.