My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

Hit Man X

Huffin Diesel Smoke
Reaction score
Love the IH build! :sly Great to see not all of them are junked.

A boosted IDI was the only other choice for my '76 Scout (even has factory A/C!), but I have a fantastically running 345/727 combo which will probably last forever so I will just keep that. ha

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do love that Orange. My 75 Harley came in that color so I really love it

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old fuel tank was full of a sealer coating that had deteriorated and was peeling off in sheets. That and rust.
Aye, I've also had issues with that stuff, and I'd rather repurpose a fuel tank from a different vehicle than try to "fix" one with that stuff. If you do decide that you need the whole bed length back, look into ****** tanks - smaller ones (25 gallon or so) can be had in size of around 20" dia and under 30" long, which just may fit nice under the bed between cab and rear tires.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from What I Gather After Talking To Mel I Need A Room Sealed Off From The Atmosphere And Void Of AllParticulates And Any Possible Contaminants To Install This Thing. ThenI'll Get To Watch My Fuel Gauge Swing Hard Left For About Two Weeks OR Until I Regain COnscious ControlOverMy FOot.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'd quit going to dunkin Donuts. Their coffee looks like rusty diesel!:D

The sealer coating peeling off in sheets with rust behind it seems to make sense. That's my main concern with most thick coatings. Even like rhino lining or poweder coat will do that. Once their is a crack in the cover rust just seems to flourish behind the sealer until it breaks up from lack of adhesion.

Sharp Looking truck. I really like it. I'm an IH fan. I have a 49 KB-2, but we went lowered with wide whites on it. Still in original paint - where it's attached.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weeeooooo! New Injection Pump!!

You must be registered for see images

What's That Say?? Yeah That's Right. Bull Moose.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i Don't Really Know How To Feel About This New Pump. My Low End Power Is Exactly The Same. But It Has More Power Up Top If I Rev It Out. I Don't Really Want To Drive Like That All Day. I Probably Should Have Gotten A Stock Rebuild OR One Step Above. Plus You Have To Watch The Egt's And It Blows Clouds Of Smoke Like Its Going Out Of Style. I Don't Think The Full Moose Is For Me. :dunno

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't pretend to be an expert on the matter, but I do know that my Fummins tends to make smoke at low RPMs till the turbo catches up, then you gotta watch your speed and not the EGTs LOL Point is, you may indeed not have enough air to burn up all the fuel a hopped up pump delivers. Another thing is injectors, my IDI runs very clean (non-turbo, pump turned down IIRC) but the darn Fummins lives up to its name and hazes even at idle - my issue is the marine injectors apparently don't have the right spray pattern and don't atomize fuel very well, your issue could also be lousy spray pattern plus injectors may be opening at too low of pressure... Also, how is your timing?

Just throwing ideas out there, may be way off basis.