My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brand New Pop Tested Injectors From MeL And I TimeD It To 9.5@2000 Rpm As Per Corey Z.

The Air May Be An Issue As I HaVe The OriginalFord Intake Setup And It HaS Ur Typical Paper Element Plus A Foam Pre Filter.

The Easiest Was To Describe It Is Its Not Snappy. Now if I Drive My N/a 6.9 Rollback That Weighs 2k More U Whack That Throttle And It Instantly Responds. I Can Let The Clutch Out In Second With No Throttle. The Orange Truck Feels More Like There's An Automatic Behind It.. if I Pull Out In Second It Wants To Die. It Was Like That With Both PumpS Tho. I Think There May Be Something Deeper Than A Pump.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zf5 (5.72 1st gear) + 36" tires + 4.11 = 2200 rpms at 10 mph
zf5 (5.08 1st gear) + 36" tires + 4.11 = 1900 rpms at 10 mph
t19 (4.02 1st gear) + 30"-31" tires + 4.11 = 1800-1900 rpms at 10 mph

With wide-ratio ZF5 higher rpms for Scout means it has more combined gear reduction (deeper 1st gear of ZF5 trumps the taller tires), thus it should accelerate faster than your rollback. If you have the close-ratio ZF5 then Scout and rollback are about the same.

In 2nd gear, the 2.41 t19 ratio with 30"-31" tires is about the same as the 2.94 wide-ratio zf5 with 36, they are within 50rpms difference at 20 mph. Meaning both trucks should at least in theory behave the same when starting in 2nd gear. If you have close-ratio ZF5 with 2.60 ratio it will feel quite a bit doggier than rollback when starting in 2nd.

Numbers courtesy of Randy's R&P calculators.

So injectors and timing are good then. Pull the air cleaner temporary and see if that makes a difference. Doubt it will be noticeable improvement, but it's free so worth a shot.

Last edited:

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Removed The Foam Pre Filter And Its A NoticeableDifference. I Don'tKnowWhatUr TalkingAbout A Scout For Tho. I Was Comparing My Orange Pickup And My Rollback.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aye, sorry about that, I keep calling your orange truck a Scout cause it resembles Jon's Scout. So then a bigger filter like the one Jon put in his brick dually may be needed by you as well? Also I edited my post for the other zf5 ratios.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aye, sorry about that, I keep calling your orange truck a Scout cause it resembles Jon's Scout. So then a bigger filter like the one Jon put in his brick dually may be needed by you as well? Also I edited my post for the other zf5 ratios.

Its Ok Ppl Do It All The Time. Hey I Heard I Have A Nice Bronco :sly
lol Ppl Think Every International Is A Scout And They All Came With Lockers Front And Rear.
Anyway. I'm Getting Used To The New Pump. But I Hate Seeing Dollar Signs Go Out The Tail Pipe. I May Just Opt For The Next Size Down. I Don't Need This Type Off Pump For What I Do.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had the Ninja called a Gixer, the F600 called a Kodiak, the Jeep called a Hummer (does have the wheels on it, but really?), and best of all the Hummer called a Power Wagon (seriously???). Some people you just can't fix LOL

Ain't the Bull Moose pump best used with an intercooler? At least that was the impression I was left with from reading on here, that they are all full of awesomeness as long as you can match them with air at decent temperatures...

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took The Truck To Pick Up A Motorcycle For A Friend. IAbout A Two Hour Ride One Way Through The County. i'm Learning The Ways Of The Moose. Have To Drive By The Pyro.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ppl Think Every International Is A Scout And They All Came With Lockers Front And Rear.
My old Scout had limited slip front and rear...if even one tire had traction, I could go anywhere ;Sweet

I miss that truck...

BTW, it's great to see your truck road-worthy ;Sweet hopefully the bugs will be ironed out soon...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great build thread! And for those of you wondering, I've been communicating with Brandon, and we are getting things worked through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online