my fauct pump install pics

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
can these pumps be had any other way than from genlightening?

Yes, any Carrier Transicold or Thermoking refrigerated trailer dealer, that pump is factory equipment on both of the things now, not just the Carriers ( that's how good a pump it is, when you have both major ****** manufacturers switching to the thing ;Sweet Only difference is the price is going to be much higher.
i've bought both of mine at the carrier dealer, first one because I was the first one to try these things and second one because I was in a jam for time setting up a redundant fuel system for an extended trip, and I needed one in a hurry, but I paid through the nose to get them at the dealer.

OB_WAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to update everyone with my experience. Working with genlightning was a breeze! Shipping was quick and smooth(back in april)

When I installed the pump it replaced the factory manual pump. Before replacement I was having some rough/slow start issues. Install occurred in april and since that time the truck starts immediately. Every time. I still need to get myself down to get it dyno tuned with the moose pump but at least I don't have to worry about putting unnecessary stress on the starter(or my nerves).

Question(may have been answered already): how often are folks cleaning the pre-filter on the pump? Mine may have very little debris/sediment on the bottom but still looks clear/clean after 8 mos. Must have good gas over here.

Last edited:

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines been working great since i bought it. I just have it on with key on for now, if I need key on (which is never) i just unhook a wire :rotflmao

pics of where i mounted it in my album

Last edited:

paulb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as an FYI for anyone thinking about doing it, DON'T use one of those clear plastic parts store filters as a prefilter.

I don't know what micron rating they are but they are SUPER restrictive. I put one in front of my pump today and then couldn't figure out why I was getting almost no pressure at the filter head. I took that filter off and it's difficult to even blow through- probably would have killed my pump trying to suck fuel through it.

I think that they changed the media a little while ago. I used to use them my other truck that I ran biodiesel through and it work fine. These newer ones it seems the media breaks down with the diesel/biodiesel and it closes on it's self (implode?) I have three filters and each one looks the same. I even drained my tanks and put it through a 10mic filter and I could not see any sediment/junk/crap in the transfer pump filter.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Just wanted to update everyone with my experience. Working with genlightning was a breeze! Shipping was quick and smooth(back in april)

When I installed the pump it replaced the factory manual pump. Before replacement I was having some rough/slow start issues. Install occurred in april and since that time the truck starts immediately. Every time. I still need to get myself down to get it dyno tuned with the moose pump but at least I don't have to worry about putting unnecessary stress on the starter(or my nerves).

Question(may have been answered already): how often are folks cleaning the pre-filter on the pump? Mine may have very little debris/sediment on the bottom but still looks clear/clean after 8 mos. Must have good gas over here.

The pre filter screen can go months or days depending on where you fuel and how hard you are runing. I remember only running about 250 gal through my rear pump off my big tank on my last long trip and itwas all gooked up, but sometimes I'll go half a year or more between needing to drain it. and I had one time I fueled at a junk station and was stopping to clean the thing every 40 miles. THank goodness that was only in my small tank.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here's my install.. I found that braket at tractor supplie, it's for a garage door roller. But it worked perfect for a feul pump stand.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

84-6.9IdI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eventually, when I get around to replacing the radiator, I'm gonna run the fuel through the tranny cooler on the bottom of the radiator to heat it up, also.

May I ask why you want to make the fuel warmer? It will not help with cold starts because the coolant will be ambient temperature. And when you warm up the fuel it makes the fuel less dense causing less power! I'm am just curious to your reasoning behind warming the fuel. I am only 18 so I could be wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I ask why you want to make the fuel warmer? It will not help with cold starts because the coolant will be ambient temperature. And when you warm up the fuel it makes the fuel less dense causing less power! I'm am just curious to your reasoning behind warming the fuel. I am only 18 so I could be wrong!

It would work great for WMO guys - you need to start on regular diesel as the WMO doesn't flow very well in the cold temps. You could either use a pump to loop the WMO through the radiator that is seperate to the feed line, or you could just route the feed line through the radiator and then up to the engine, but I think that looping a seperate line through the radiator would be pretty slick :sly

I'm looking to get one of these as well - get rid of the factory lift pump and enjoy the new age of electronics, I'd love to be able to see what the fuel looks like and have a functional water separator. I don't know if mine is broken or not, but I never look at it hiding under the booster/MC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7