my dyno numbers are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that was a Stroke filter? My feeling is that it mighta just been a freak thing that it got sucked in. Cus don't Powerstokes run about 25 psi stock?

Last edited:

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
not doubting what you are showing us......

But those number seem really high compared to what we've seen in the past (like Heath's truck). Just seems strange as you have very few modifications for what you are showing.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score

But those number seem really high compared to what we've seen in the past (like Heath's truck). Just seems strange as you have very few modifications for what you are showing.

Isn't NMB2 running more boost than Heath? That could account quite a bit for the differences in numbers. Also I have done search for idi dyno numbers and I came across a pretty stock idi making 200 hp and 400 lb-ft on 10 psi. So, I don't think his numbers are unordinary. I'll find the link for that cite.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Verry nice... The graph has no rpm info?... what were you turning when you finished your pull.

No OBD2 port for rpm pickup. Mustang dyno can pickup RPM through wheel speed. The first 15 minutes was switching the sensor programming, and running the truck through gears and then 4th gear slowly making sure that it was following my rpm's.

run was 40mph - 70mph. I think end rpm was around 3200rpm

Wow that was a Stroke filter? My feeling is that it mighta just been a freak thing that it got sucked in. Cus don't Powerstokes run about 25 psi stock?

My AEM filter got sucked in too, but way worse. Stock OBS PSD boosts like 13-15psi, and much slower than mine.

But those number seem really fast compared to what we've seen in the past (like Heath's truck). Just seems strange as you have very few modifications for what you are showing.

I chose better modifications than what you have seen in the past (like heaths truck)

I have a superior turbo and intake/exhaust system - Even though I only boosted 16.2psi tonight, vs my 20+psi that I am capable of.

My DPS pump clearly out performed the Moose pump. My torque curve comes on faster, and is much flatter, over 100ft-lb tq more (150lb more on a dynojet), with a broader RPM range. Heaths jumps up and dives straight back down. I'm also running DPS stage 1 sticks.

My HP also has a broader range, and although his flattened out, mine was still rising, it never flattened out. I cant wait to see what it looks like when I re-pull @ 20+psi.

I can run all of this and not worry about anything because of my overtorqued studs and my gaskets.

Isn't NMB2 running more boost than Heath? That could account quite a bit for the differences in numbers.

99% of the time... yes I am. 22psi full spooled. Look at my dyno sheet. My max boost was 16.2psi with the collapsed filter. Heath said on his dyno he pegged his 15psi gauge.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Cool! thanks for posting that ;Sweet

Man that thing sounds like a 747 when you got on it!!! Pretty jealous--I can't even hear my turbo :rolleyes:

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score

Pretty good numbers for not much done, but those are dynojet numbers.

I wish I had a dynojet around here just to see what kind of inflated numbers I would kick out, just so I had Mustang and dynojet numbers to post. The MustangDyno's "dynojet correction" is supposed to be pretty accurate though, from what I've read.

http://www.airfiltersonline.com/index.php?productID=146
check it out gonna use that one for my build the biggest green sells with a 4 in inlet

It doesn't list the CFM. The 6637 is 425cfm...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99% of the time... yes I am. 22psi full spooled. Look at my dyno sheet. My max boost was 16.2psi with the collapsed filter. Heath said on his dyno he pegged his 15psi gauge.

That's what I thought.

I also noticed you are running a ZF5 just like the guy in the dyno I posted about. I believe Heath's running a 4 speed T19. Could that account for some of the difference via drivetrain loss? :dunno

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
That's what I thought.

I also noticed you are running a ZF5 just like the guy in the dyno I posted about. I believe Heath's running a 4 speed T19. Could that account for some of the difference via drivetrain loss? :dunno

I thought about that... but no. ZF5 and T19 would be very similar. Not enough to make a difference to care about.

Another thing is my truck being a Dually, with all other things identical... dually's will dyno a little less than a SRW due to more rolling resistance and rotating mass. How much, I dont know... but it is notable from what I understand.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty good numbers for not much done, but those are dynojet numbers.

I wish I had a dynojet around here just to see what kind of inflated numbers I would kick out, just so I had Mustang and dynojet numbers to post. The MustangDyno's "dynojet correction" is supposed to be pretty accurate though, from what I've read.

I mighta been comparing apples to oranges but I just used it for the sake of comparison. But anyway Heath's number were also on a dynojet so all I'm saying is your number aren't high at all to me. They actually sound about right. I'm quite impressed. :thumbsup:

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about that... but no. ZF5 and T19 would be very similar. Not enough to make a difference to care about.

Another thing is my truck being a Dually, with all other things identical... dually's will dyno a little less than a SRW due to more rolling resistance and rotating mass. How much, I dont know... but it is notable from what I understand.

Yeah you are probably right on both accounts. Lol

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
either way. Although I am not happy because my truck wasn't running to its fullest. I am happy with the numbers... Hopefully this will open the non-believers eyes, and I think its a GREAT testament to the design/tuning of Ken's parts... especially the pump.

Remember... I make these numbers pushing 17 - 20mpg unloaded highway and 11-12mpg loaded highway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online