Motor rebuild

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two primary ways the rods throw on these is gradually bending, losing compression, and then throwing and throwing at high rpm.

Most rods will break right above the wrist pin which is why the turbo rods are thicker there. It's a multiplicative function of the force on the rod by increasing rpm. Hot IP builds often raise the governor to 4500 rpm. The piston force on the rod at 1,000 rpm is 50x its resting force and at 10,000 rpm is 5,000x.. Not 500x. The power to governed speed is a part of that and raising it to 4,500rpm is a variable.

The original question, purely the block and not any of the parts inside it I agree with @IDIBRONCO, that there's no difference except for one small thing that I believe which is that the oil gally plugs are drilled to 1/4 on the turbo block and 1/8 on the NA.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The original question, purely the block and not any of the parts inside it I agree with @IDIBRONCO, that there's no difference except for one small thing that I believe which is that the oil gally plugs are drilled to 1/4 on the turbo block and 1/8 on the NA.
Yep. As far as I know, the external oil ports and the serial number on the block having a "T" instead of the second "D" are the only differences. Also, as far as I can remember, the only oil port that is actually larger is the one at the back, top of the block where the oil feed comes from for the Factory Turbo. This is also the same place where the oil pressure sender is located on the N/A engines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online