Moose Product news

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Cool, looks like alot of fun! My only question is, how did you not name this Moose HQ or The Diesel Moose or something along those lines? :O

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
My guess would be that Conestoga Diesel has been the name for 25 years and with the guy still staying on, it could be a little insulting to change the name right off the bat like that.

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet;Sweet I'm sooooooo relieved... I was afraid Mel was jumping into the hand model business and .... well... :rotflmao :rotflmao:rotflmao :rotflmao:rotflmao......

Jokes aside... CONGRATS on making the move... When are you taking new orders and how do we place them?

Product list and future product list yet?

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, on a huge step forward in these hard times, I wish you well and would like to have your products in my truck someday!

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta tell ya Mel, this is GREAT news for folks looking at their IDI's as long term DD's. Your ongoing support is outstanding and will help a lot of us avoid 'early retirement' for our trucks.

Thanks for the commitment and the investment. ;Sweet ;Sweet ;Sweet ;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Cool, looks like alot of fun! My only question is, how did you not name this Moose HQ or The Diesel Moose or something along those lines? :O

I asked him that too and his response was that he didn't want to change the name as Conestoga has a substantial client base and don't want to scare any of them off with a new name as they are happy with the current level of quality and wanted to continue that.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I asked him that too and his response was that he didn't want to change the name as Conestoga has a substantial client base and don't want to scare any of them off with a new name as they are happy with the current level of quality and wanted to continue that.

I agree with that, good call. I also see no reason down the road why he can't add "Home of the Moose pump" or something like that to the name.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Mel, sounds like a great endeavor. But on a side note, I now hate you.LOL What you are doing is been a dream of mine also, Ill start gathering up all cores to send your way, the shop I use has lost the customer appreciation factor.
Maybe we can talk resell prices sometime on stockish rebuilds.
Best of luck
Russ

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel I sent you a pm about rebuilding the psd injecters... I know your busier that a puppy with two petters so just pm me when its convienant with you.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Mel I sent you a pm about rebuilding the psd injecters... I know your busier that a puppy with two petters so just pm me when its convienant with you.

Don't keep that information to yourself... inquiring minds want to know!! If he can do similar pricing to something like Rosewood Diesel on a Stage 2 or 3 injector, I'd be all over it!!

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I look at the name changing like this basically he bought the name conestoga diesel. He could have opened his own an named it moose pumps R Us an it would be a slow as not alot of bis in a busy strip mall spot. Now a name that been around for years. who do I call o wait I know Conestoga diesel they gotta be good been around for years. I asked my parents why we don't change our name an they said we have had our own named shops an we did ok but this time we bought the name CarCoa just for that people know the name it's been around since the 70's an that's what people remember. We added a slogan CArcoa "were customers send their friends". At some point people I'm sure people will say I got conestoga diesel "Moose Meat" under my hood. Jm2c I could be wrong but that was my expierence in name changing a well known empire.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sincerest Congradulation on your new endeavor. Best of Luck for it. ;Really Sounds like your going to have the best of support.

What did that boozo say: You didn't build it, someone else did. ;p

Well now, show him how it's done. :thumbsup: :yell: