Moose Product news

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Nice that you've finally come out but what was all the secret about?You used a story of someone else doing your pumps to justify the cost when you was doing it all along?I hate to say but there should be a bunch of people MAD!

Thats not the case at all.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Nice that you've finally come out but what was all the secret about?You used a story of someone else doing your pumps to justify the cost when you was doing it all along?I hate to say but there should be a bunch of people MAD!

Yeah, Mel just said that he had a couple other guys that help with the Moose IP and injector building. So the price that the consumer pays reflects the cost of his "crew" and their training and knowledge, the specialized machines required, the R&D that went into the products, etc. Although I am not yet a Moose customer, I think it's a bargain. Just imagine how much these products would cost if a big company like ATS or someone offered them!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score

Mel has been offering the Moose pumps longer than you have been a member here and as you will find in old posts of his, you will find that none of the information you are insinuating has been a cover up.
All moose product owner know that Mel ponied up the initial R&D money to develop the Moose line of products and had been adjusted accordingly. And I'm pretty certain I can speak for all moose product owners that we are more than satisfied with the costs and results. Please do your research before making such a claim.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as a hopefully very near future baby moose customer, i am happy to see what he can do with this as his full time job... more time for r&d means even better products i am sure and quicker return time on his builds... i can only see his product getting better with this venture...i am still new to the mechanical world of diesel and have learned a lot through this site.. i have seen nothing but the best in reguards to moose pumps, which leads me to beleive his is already one of the best, if not the best on the market.. soon as i scrape up a few hundred more dollars i will be a new happy customer running a baby moose...

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Your story is starting to remind me of another innovator...

Thomas Alva Edison

(I'm reading a biography on him right now... the similarities are striking) :D

I am saving a few bucks to get a Moose treatment on this truck, the Uhaul pump has been an abysmal disapointment. I've got three cores to send to you, when the time (i.e. CASH) comes... ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My thoughts are Edison was great but Tesla was far better as an inventer.... Edison was trying to keep all the voltage at 50 cycles per second and all on a dc circut.. Tesla changed it yo what he invented. The ac alternating current.. Then electricity could be pushed many miles over the wires. Edison going with dc power needed boost stations all along his wires to be able to push power farther down the wires...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For all you big mouth PUNKS who keep writing noone is trying to run Mel or his product down,all I want to know is and he should be the one writing what was the big secret?You people that are writing NEED an education as you have no idea what the plot of an sentence is!

I have no idea what your issue is Sir. I don't know you, nor do you know me. Of all the people in this thread, you are the LEAST informed and have no idea what your talking about. Either that, or perhaps you have just greatly misunderstood what you have read or have been reading these last 5 years. Feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss it with me directly. Please don't take out your confusion on the members of this forum.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Somehow this thread is still open... Is this a neewbie issue Ron....:eek::rotflmao:angel: Sorry... I had to get atcha like that friend.....:D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
No Gary, at a moderators request, it has been dealt with and will remain open as long as things remain civil.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! From someone who has also recently made the plunge to FREEDOM I can't be more happy for you!!! I work 80 hours a week, am broke sometimes, and often fantasize about throwing my phone in the toilet, but I have never been happier!

I think I am 2.5 hours away, if you ever need help or a slave, give me a call!

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
My thoughts are Edison was great but Tesla was far better as an inventer.... Edison was trying to keep all the voltage at 50 cycles per second and all on a dc circut.. Tesla changed it yo what he invented. The ac alternating current.. Then electricity could be pushed many miles over the wires. Edison going with dc power needed boost stations all along his wires to be able to push power farther down the wires...

To get even more OT, Tesla was nuts (a genius, but nuttier than a fruitcake) and Edison had the good sense to hang out with people like Henry Ford. Edison was many things, but never stupid enough to let his desires get in the way of making money. Tesla died penniless.

Last edited:

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get even more OT, Tesla was nuts (a genius, but nuttier than a fruitcake) and Edison had the good sense to hang out with people like Henry Ford. Edison was many things, but never stupid enough to let his desires get in the way of making money. Tesla died penniless.

It is said, it's a fine line between genius and madman..... from personal experience I can tell you, as a business owner, deciding which side of that line you are on is sometimes hard to determine after a year of 80 hr weeks, hard to satisfy customers, and personal paydays that make you wish to change places with your minimum wage janitor.
One day after my personal version of a long vacation [a 15 minute nap] it came to me, I was never happier.
I hope the same result for you Mel.. and Danielle as well.

As for Edison vs Tesla ... both were outstanding inventors who literally changed the world.... Edison, however, had a talent that Tesla did not, that was a talent for profitable business. In the world of the self employed, the two talents, Invention, and business, should not be always presumed to exist together. To little of one negates the other. If you one of the rare individuals who have both, lifes struggle is to find a balance between the two.. If you don't have both,, Hire the talent that does have the one thats missing and listen to them...

End of rant... $$$$$$ good luck

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for Edison vs Tesla ... both were outstanding inventors who literally changed the world.... Edison, however, had a talent that Tesla did not, that was a talent for profitable business.

Pretty much all of Edisons' business ventures became successful AFTER Edison was removed from leading them. Edison was a terrible business man, Henry Ford even said that.

Edison was lucky that Ford liked him and gave Edison as much money as he did.