May have found a turbo for my remote mount....

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what if you took and put 2 tdo5h turbos off of a 90 eclipse and used them both as a twin turbo setup instead?

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think that they would be too big, I am not sure what they are wastegated at but if they are capible of pushing 20 psi then you would have to wastegate almost 3/4 of that boost off so you can hang righ around 12psi (assuming that they would run at full potential).:dunno

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i figured that since they were designed for a factory 2.0L if you put two together that would equal 4.0L, and if put on a 7.3L that runs 1/2 the rpm range that they would be about right. 7.3L/2 = 3.65L. or am i just crazy and taking over this post for no reason

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another member here has said that a td05h (90 eclipse) is almost the same size as what banks uses on their sidewinder set up........Not sure though, Maybe someone will chirp in and help out?:dunno

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I have a 97 eclipse with a T25 garrett in it. And from what I know, a guy on the DSM site bought a NOS Garrett ATS gated turbo to put in place of his TDO5H on his 91 eclipse and everyone was blown away that he was going to put such a big turbo on his car in comparison to the TDO5H.
I dont know what banks uses, but from that convo. I'd say that the TDO5H is much smaller than what the ATS turbos are.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might could get away with it. Barney didn't start making ridiculous boost #s with his Banks Sidewinder and PSD turbo compound setup until he got a moose pump. Even at that max boost was 18PSI. You could probably get away with 13psi on stock bolts consistently beyond that you might be in the headgasket danger zone without studs.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok stupid question what is a moose pump? and im sorry for taking over this post i will start another post to ask more in depth about this project

FordGuy100

Reaction score
ok stupid question what is a moose pump? and im sorry for taking over this post i will start another post to ask more in depth about this project

Mel, one of the head honcho IDI guys, has spent his own money R&Ding a IP that rivals the DPS pumps, but offers better customer service.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Oh and my wastegated ATS turbo, altough I dont know the exact model of garrett turbo it is it says it is a A/R .70

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I am back to work on this prodject. I have basically got all of the parts for it exept a turbo of sufficiant size, I was thinking that a charger from a 6.5 GM may be a good one to try or even maybe an H1C Holset from a D -series dodge. I was going to use an electric pump to return the oil back into the pass side valve cover, but I have since put on an electric pump for the fuel and now have that option of using the stock lift pump off the block. Anyone know How Flatlanders pump is holding up to the oil? I am going to build a braket off the right side of the transmission mount that bolts between the trans and the trans mount so it would all flex together fairly well I would think. Any thoughts or suggestions on this prodject?