Mater gets some upgrades

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Some remeber the smoking deal I got on the entire contents of a 2003 F150 Super Crew with the Lariat trim and leather seats right?
Well I finally got around to getting themm installed and WOW what a difference!!:love:

Utilizing the drivers seat brackets and shortening them down an inch, I then made new mounting brackets for the passenger seat.
I still have to get the seat heater switches dug out and installed yet but the wiring for the 6 way and butt warmers are all wired in and ready to roll.;Sweet

What prompted me to finally get the seats installed?
I did some "will work for parts" swapping and ended up with a complete 088 ATS turbo system. So that got installed about 2 weeks ago along with a 6" chrome stack up thru the bed.:sly

Wasn't really a big stack fan but man does it sound good now and the kids want to open the rear slider just to hear the exhaust!LOL

I'm struggling with the fact that I still have to turn up the fuel since it's still stock and can put out 13 psi of boost at 650 on the pyro!!!:eek:

With a stock A series 6.9 with head bolts I cring at turning higher numbers with more fuel and the fact that it boosts harder that Goldie.cookoo

I now have to make some drastic changes to Goldie since I can't have my winter beater outperforming my pride of the fleet!!!!:sly

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0811.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 33

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
so how did the seats fit width wise, i am casually looking to replace the buckets with a bench for more seating capacity and it might be nice to upgrade. i need to find some gray ones though.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My 89 has the stock bench seat up front. That thing is so hard and uncomfortable. I want buckets but the wifey doesn't... Well she is going to have to get used to what I want. :eek: Boy I hope she never learns my password here...:cry::kick: Butt warmers.. Maybe if she got a ride in a rig like that she might have a change in mind...:angel: Nice look Ron...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
so how did the seats fit width wise, i am casually looking to replace the buckets with a bench for more seating capacity and it might be nice to upgrade. i need to find some gray ones though.

Same width installed Jared. It's like they belong in there.;Sweet
It's now got me wanting a set for Goldie.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
My 89 has the stock bench seat up front. That thing is so hard and uncomfortable. I want buckets but the wifey doesn't... Well she is going to have to get used to what I want. :eek: Boy I hope she never learns my password here...:cry::kick: Butt warmers.. Maybe if she got a ride in a rig like that she might have a change in mind...:angel: Nice look Ron...

Hey Gary, momma would like these seats.;Sweet
They weren't that hard to install either. The worst part was taking the passenger seat in and out several times while fitting the brackets.:puke:

wmoguy

Reaction score
Very nice DDC! I don't miss the OEM seats from my 94 a bit either. Seat heaters on a sore back feel awesome driving down the highway!

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id love to ditch the bench in my 85, but there is something about a bench seat that woman love. They can just scoot right on over, cant say I don't mind as well.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good Ron. Yup, you gotta watch the boost until you can stud it eh? Goldie's gotta be jealous.:D

Heath

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good Ron.... and if you ever feel the need to part with Mater.... let me know....

I bet those seats are comfy..... I know the ones like that I have in the Ex are great!!!! the butt warmers are nice, especially while you are waiting on the engine to warm up.... (which takes forever in a 6.0 when it is less that 20)..... the truck is probally the most comfortable place I have to sit when my back it acting up..... better than the Lay-Z-Boys, and the Tempur-Pedic Bed with the adjustable base so it make like a huge recliner... (yes my back has gotten that bad)....... there are days I drive the truck for the seats.... and the fact that I can not physically get in and out of the wagon.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance