Losing coolant from what looks like behind the flywheel.

Gaboo

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Water pump is in thanks for the help everyone. Any idea what the hose and metal piece are? Don’t know terminology or size haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaboo

Reaction score
Alright I think that’s the hose outlet. What does it go to? Any insight would be sweet. The bolt that’s in its spot on the water pump
I got is in super tight which makes me think it’s not supposed to be removed.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. You should be able to get a replacement fitting though. Tell the parts store it's a heater hose fitting.
It should go to the heater core.
You can get that one out with some heat.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Gaboo

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. You should be able to get a replacement fitting though. Tell the parts store it's a heater hose fitting.
It should go to the heater core.
You can get that one out with some heat.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Dude at autozone told me I wouldn’t be able to find a replacement part for it. So actually super helpful answer thanks. I hit it with a torch a few times and it’s in there pretty tight but good to know I have a backup if I can’t get it out

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'll usually take a 7/8" box wrench and slide it over the hex part of this fitting and then smack the end of the wrench with a dead blow hammer to loosen it. A regular hammer will work too, but will probably damage your wrench.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reuse it.

Guy at AutoZone is wrong. There are many vehicles that use them. Fortunately it isn't vehicle specific for that one. Look at the dorman stuff in AutoZone or google heater hose fitting or nipple. Pretty sure the heater hose is 5/8” which gives you the nipple size. The threads on the plug you pull out will give you the pipe thread size. Put Teflon tape or sealant on the threads.

Gaboo

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Should have everything put back tomorrow all thanks to y’all

Gaboo

Reaction score
Everything’s looking good with the water pump.

My brake is super still. I’ll do the pump it up start the car trick and it’ll be normal then seize up and be super stiff. Do I just need to bleed the brakes? I don’t think there are any air bubbles but the fluid is decently dirty.

Gaboo

Reaction score
Everything’s looking good with the water pump.

My brake is super still. I’ll do the pump it up start the car trick and it’ll be normal then seize up and be super stiff. Do I just need to bleed the brakes? I don’t think there are any air bubbles but the fluid is decently dirty.

Vacuum pump figured it out.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Vacuum pump figured it out.

I'm glad that you figured this out. This is why I always recommend a vacuum gauge. It's nice to be able to keep an eye on the health of the vacuum pump.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online