Looking for a coolant jug/washer fluid jug for my 87 IDI

WrenchWhore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like it says mine are both extra crispy and are falling apart. DM me if guy have anything? I figured I’d post here but if it’s not ok let me know.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Classic diesel designs just came out with a metal one.
I have one. Pain to install, on a bullnose. Would be a breeze on a bricknose due to the difference in the AC systems. Works and looks great.

EDIT: Well I guess I didn’t know about their washer fluid reservoir. I have their coolant reservoir, mounted on the side of my radiator.
You must be registered for see images attach

See it there, between the radiator and the battery. And due to the position of my underhood ammo box, I don’t have room for that washer fluid reservoir. Might have to rig something up though, as I currently don’t have a washer fluid system…

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
Not to mention that IDI don't come with side tank radiators.
Do you mean that the overflow tank isn't on the side? Where is it on the trucks? My overflow tank is on that side behind the battery and it may end up getting changed to one of those if I find that the leak from there is tank and not lines. ;)

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean that the overflow tank isn't on the side? Where is it on the trucks? My overflow tank is on that side behind the battery and it may end up getting changed to one of those if I find that the leak from there is tank and not lines. ;)
A side tank radiator has the tanks on opposite sides with the core running horizontal.

The idi radiator core runs vertical with the tanks on the top and bottom.

James

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats no IDI! From what I can see of the air filter I would guess that it is an EFI gasser
It's my wife's bronco. But Ford made a bunch of parts that work from vehicle to vehicle. You might see that same tank in a fox body mustang or Taurus, definitely in diesel trucks too.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this in a 90s gaser ford truck, by a battery on this side. The coolant res part might be a hair small, since was always sucked dry when running

You must be registered for see images attach

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do business with Classic Diesel Designs!!!!! Honest guy and I would not hesitate to do so business with him ANYTIME!

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Yrs ago when I mted my’99 PS intercooler I had to space out my bumper & grill few inches.

I also was wanting to get bunch stuff out of engine compartment so I decided to move the coolant overflow & the windshield washer bottles/jugs down and frontwards and mounted down behind my front bumper. Mted washer down on passenger side, overflow down on drivers side.

When doing all this I extended tubing and wiring. I also WRAPPED and WRAPPED both containers in some carpet and secured the carpet and wrappings, then fasten containers down behind the bumper.

My point, I did all this and the containers are still LIKE NEW!

I also got the vacuum “coffee can” out of there and mted it down on my frame….. close to my electric fuel pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86