Looking for a coolant jug/washer fluid jug for my 87 IDI

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced the CDD overflows not being quite big enough? Mine always seems to be empty when cold, and filled up to the overflow straw when hot.

WrenchWhore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this in a 90s gaser ford truck, by a battery on this side. The coolant res part might be a hair small, since was always sucked dry when running

You must be registered for see images attach
I was actually thinking about doing this since they still make these aftermarket and BOTH my washer and coolant jugs are total junk. When you mean runs dry is this when you've topped it off when hot?

I really like those aluminum CCD jugs but thats a little more than I wanted to spend. I have a local junkyard with a ton of these coolant jugs. I might just have to snag one up.

WrenchWhore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO Man that's a good looking piece. If I wasn't so cheap i'd have to get me one of those. I ended up going @1mouse3 direction since you can get these pretty cheap even today. It's not my best fab job but it does look like a Ford part...I kind of just modified the original bracket and pushed it out farther so the hood latches clean it

Attachments

• IMG_1574.JPG
    IMG_1574.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1573.JPG
    IMG_1573.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 5

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that. I haven't decided yet which truck I'm going to use it in. I'm leaning toward the Ex Wife at this point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70