Let's Talk Intercoolers

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post #46 has pics.

I'm talking pics like Mel has posted, details man, detailsLOL I'd like to see more indepth pics with a/c and all ( I think redtruck has a/c? hafta go back and look).
Travis..

Dagnabbit!, redtruck does not have a/c:mad: How do you guys drive trucks without a/c?
Travis..

RedTruck

Reaction score
CrashnZuk,

Let me see what I can do as far as additional pics.

Snaponprofile,

I installed the intercooler (yep psd intercooler) strictly because I wanted to add more fuel for towing, and knew I would run into exhaust temp problems without it. Before the intercooler I just used my rig for hunting and fishing. I didn't really haul anything with it. Since I've put it on, I really don't ever need to worry about my exhaust temps. As far as performance all I can say is I have the pump as maxed out as I dare make it right now and It will hold all the temperature I can throw at it. I'm sure anyone here could say the same thing about their intercoolers as well.

Everyone here have beautifully installed intercoolers. A lot of skill in this group. This thread is a fun one to run through and it seems like it's getting better with age...thanks to you fellows keeping it up to date.

Paul

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
here is a couple pics of my install that i just finished. Im just throwing this in here if anyone is curious. I used the CXracing intercooler from ebay

You must be registered for see images attach

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might sound like a dumb question but can you rotate the dipstick and mount it it the back valve cover bolts? How is the dipstick secured where it enters the engine??

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
an o ring lol
un bolt vc and it comes rite out

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So can I just move the bracket on the vc over? Should there be a problem leaking after I disturb the seal?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replace the oring for sure its problly never been changed

Portuga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, got a a intercooler today for nearly free. It's a smaller one but i think it will be ok.

It's 20x8x3.5, with 2-1/4 inlets. What do you guys think?

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might work, I don't really have any experience with them but I read that a IDI turbo needs at least 1000.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my intercooler in, The seller sent 3inch boots, I was planning on using 2.5 inch pipe. Will it boost slower with 3 inch pipe??

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics......