Least expensive sending unit options

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Any Ford Diesel I own from here on out, I'm gonna at-least remove that black tube from the filler necks. Sooo much better at the pump.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

A nice good pull on the black tube popped it out of the filler neck, problem solved. Put everything back together and the truck runs and drives good. I'll be pulling the filler neck out of the rear tank soon and removing the black tube from it as well.

Any Ford Diesel I own from here on out, I'm gonna at-least remove that black tube from the filler necks. Sooo much better at the pump.

I'm a little confused as to what black tube you're referring to. It's not the large black tube with the red stripe pictured, is it? :dunno

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Yeah Brandon, all the fuel you put in your tank has to go thru that skinny black tube. Since I ripped it out, my tank fills much nicer. Still can't fill it on high but click 2 of three and it never stopped once.

Last edited:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
My 86 has had nothing done to the filler necks, and i can fill them wide ass open no poblems ever:confused:

Why does everyone else have problems

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Every Ford diesel Ive ever owned has had issues accepting fuel (excluding my '00 PSD). Does your fillers in your '86 have that black tube?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 86 has had nothing done to the filler necks, and i can fill them wide ass open no poblems ever:confused:

Why does everyone else have problems

Did you buy the truck brand-new ??

In my experience, dis-carding the roll-over valves that were in the big vents made more difference than anything else.

Before any modifications, it took forever to fill a tank and more got on the ground and on my britches-legs than in the tank; now, I can use the rapid-delivery pumps at full speed. ;Sweet

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, the modified roll-over valve/added vent system made the biggest difference on my truck also. I tried taking the black pipe out, and it made a little bit, but not much difference. It's purpose is to keep the air coming out of the tank seperate from the fuel going in, so it will not gurgle and foam, cutting the nozzle off.

Taking the roll-over valve out and making a larger vent pipe to go in it's place lets all the air go out the top of the tank, instead of it trying to come back out the filler tube.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Did you buy the truck brand-new ??

In my experience, dis-carding the roll-over valves that were in the big vents made more difference than anything else.

Before any modifications, it took forever to fill a tank and more got on the ground and on my britches-legs than in the tank; now, I can use the rapid-delivery pumps at full speed. ;Sweet

Nope i didnt buy it new, and the filler hoses look like radiator hose and there black, mine fills just perfect everytime

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
I replaced my roll-over valve with a GM coolant elbow and ran my line way up the side of the bed to a breather element to keep dust out.

Last edited:

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a Powerstroke(94-97) sending unit they are stainless and plentifull at the Junk yard. You can get em for 15 bucks and never worry about em again. Just make sure you get the pigtail that goes with it because the plugs are different

can i use this in my rear tank if the tubes are rusted off the outside?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
>>> HERE YOU GO <<<

Do You have a part # for this? I can't find it nor the chat assistant and I need to re do My sending units.

Thank You.

While looking for something else ( that I haven't yet found ), I found the original box that the J.C.Whitney fuel level sender came in.

P/N 100437

;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online